Worried about gap in teeth

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

worriedboy

Worried about gap in teeth

#1 Post by worriedboy »

Hi,
I'm new here so I decided to just jump right in and ask for any ones opinion on what might be the case with my orthodontic treatment at the moment.

I have undercrowding and from what I think was having my pacifier too long my very front top and bottom incisors were pushing away from each other so since I entered my teens I've been concious of it and at 16 I finally complained enough to get braces.

So I had the train tracks for about a year and a half I think and now i'm onto the retainer but... honestly I wasnt brushing enough and although I didnt have any tartar marks my gums were/are still some what red and I'm only really giving them the attention that they need now.

As I brush more and they get pink they recide slightly but I guess thats normal since they're not inflamed but again with the 4 incisors that were outward I'm noticing gaps as the gum recides so basically I guess I'm back to square one.

Only now my teeth are straight but gapped, my orthodontist did warn I might need veneers since my teeth are small, when its all over but I just hate the way I feel like I failed the treatment and maybe if I had brushed enough at the beginning the braces would have been able to pull the teeth closer?

Any opinions are appreciated.

Marcus

worriedboy

#2 Post by worriedboy »

cool, well they're not really black triangles I dont think its mostly I'm worried about the gaps that are still there and I'm during the retainer stage but maybe I just need veneers to fix that then.

GatorGirl

#3 Post by GatorGirl »

Be careful you aren't using too hard of bristles on your toothbrush...you should always use soft..I made the mistake of using medium for a while and noticed my gums receeding also.