Braces Question

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jen83

Braces Question

#1 Post by jen83 »

So I'm have an appointment to do a consultaion for braces next week. Since I havent really spoken to the doctor, I have a question. I'm getting married soon (in 6 months exactly) & was wondering if I get those speed braces (Damons or Viazis?) would it be possible to remove them for 1 day (my wedding day). I would hate to get married in braces. Would it cost more, be painful?

Sorry about the double post

ssfw

#2 Post by ssfw »

Hi jen83,

Have you thought about postponing getting braces until after your wedding? In the meantime, you can go for your consultation and get any necessary dental work done and maybe get the orthodontic records done a couple months prior to beginning orthodontic treatment or whenever your orthodontist recommends. You should also go for multiple (at least 2 - I went to 4) ortho consultations to see what each ortho recommends. Then choose the person that you feel most comfortable with and whose treatment plan you are satisfied with.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and getting braces.

Keep us posted.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Indy

#3 Post by Indy »

Hey jen83,
There was a post a few months ago for brides about this and just having braces in general on their wedding day. My wedding is a little more than a year away, but I'll have my braces (ceramic on top, metal on bottom) and I'm cool about it. I suggest checking with photographers to see about having the photos re-touched to take out the braces, just an idea.

jen83

#4 Post by jen83 »

Thansk for the replies. i'll check w. the w/ the doc on tuesday.

weird_wired

#5 Post by weird_wired »

I would recommend getting ceramic brackets, and just having the wires and ligs removed for the day (they should be unnoticeable in 99% of photos, except ultra close-ups).

And/or having the photos digitally re-touched to erase any traces of them.

Otherwise I reckon postponing is a better idea: having all the brackets taken off and put on again would be disruptive, at a time when you are going to have enough on your mind anyway.