Short-Roots....Big Question!

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dogbreath

Short-Roots....Big Question!

#1 Post by dogbreath »

hi doc,
my ortho surprised me when he reviewed my x-rays with me. he said i have short roots and braces could therefore cause my teeth to fall out!

i was terrified....he said i had 3 choices: 1. no treatment 2. have braces applied on top and bottom teeth, thereby compromising my teeth (!) 3. just have bottom braces fitted & frequent x-rays to monitor the roots.

i chose #3....however, i'm very worried about my short roots! will i lose my teeth??? my mother lost all her teeth in her mid 20's because she couldn't afford dental treatment (don't know what her problem was and she recently passed away and i can't ask her....(;-{

your answer is eagerly awaited....
*hey!*

sweetgurl

hey

#2 Post by sweetgurl »

braces does cause lose teeth if they have short root. because your teeth is being pull up or down to their position. if your top root is shorter than your bottom than don't do it. if bottom is short too i dunno know. but it up to you to decide. remember if something happen your doctor doesn't take the blame for it because he already told u so and that before your treatment he might tell u to sign the form of u understanding those risk.
there are lots of risk for braces. decide what is best for doing it. but then if everything ok think of your bottoom teeth look nice