bite ramps caused underbite?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

UCarter

bite ramps caused underbite?

#1 Post by UCarter »

Hi guys. I recently changed orthodontists (got my brackets put on 4 months ago and then after two months, I left that country and found a new orthodontist). I had a deep bite and got anterior bite ramps put on. My old ortho instructed me to wear elastics. My new ortho said do not wear the elastics...I got my bite ramps removed today, and turns out, my deep bite is fixed, but now I have an underbite because the bite ramps were causing my teeth to move back (because of pressure from my bottom teeth which had to go infront of my bite turbos). Now, because of the fact that my bottom teeth were forced to be infront of my top teeth (because of the bite ramps), I now have an underbite *sigh* and can only manage to move my bottom teeth directly under my top teeth but not behind them. Anyone experienced this? Do you know how long it will take to fix? Also, I can't fully close my mouth because my elastics caused my molars to over erupt on my right side which prevents the left side molars from touching. Help, anyone?!