Soon to be newbie with clear and metal

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hollywoodsmile

Soon to be newbie with clear and metal

#1 Post by Hollywoodsmile »

Hi everyone!

I'm super excited and nervous since I'm getting wired this Wednesday. I have a bad bad TMJ problem so need to get them straight to then cover and literally regenerate all of my teeth.

:) yay!

33 BTW

bbsadmin

Re: Soon to be newbie with clear and metal

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Welcome and best of luck with your upcoming appointment!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

ivorynectar

#3 Post by ivorynectar »

It is so worth getting braces! I had ceramics upper and metal lower. They were on for two years. It sounds like a lot, but it went by really fast when I look back on it!

Best of luck to you!

Aqualily

#4 Post by Aqualily »

Good luck! I'm on my 3rd month of metal braces (about 2.5 years to go) and it's so worth it! In 3 months I've already noticed a HUGE difference in my teeth. Makes me wish I had done it sooner! (I'm 29)

Speck

#5 Post by Speck »

Howdy. I'm well into treatment and remember that early on I had a wonky bite for quite awhile; slowly it improved. At this point in time into treatment (22 weeks and change), it almost feels right. I can sense that the bite still isn't quite right when I eat certain foods like grapes, melon, etc., as molars come together and squeak. The ortho projected a 24 month treatment plan and it wouldn't at all surprise me if it goes into overtime. Be patient, it'll come together nicely (pardon the pun).
-Andy

Speck

#6 Post by Speck »

Edited: Howdy. I'm well into treatment and remember that early on I had a wonky bite for quite awhile; slowly it improved. At this point in time into treatment (22 months and change), it almost feels right. I can sense that the bite still isn't quite right when I eat certain foods like grapes, melon, etc., as molars come together and squeak. The ortho projected a 24 month treatment plan and it wouldn't at all surprise me if it goes into overtime. Be patient, it'll come together nicely (pardon the pun).
-Andy