Another newbie (at 38)!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ant123

Another newbie (at 38)!

#1 Post by Ant123 »

I’m soon to be joining the adult braces club. On Friday I went to the orthodontist for an initial consultation, Planning X-rays and moulds etc for next week, and hopefully getting ceramic self-litigating braces then later in the month.

I have a gap between my front teeth and a crossbite on both upper canines and never had braces as a child. I spoke to an ortho about 5 years ago but he said treatment time was at least 2 years so I didn’t go ahead as I was planning to move.

The new ortho says treatment time should be 12 to 18 months which was a big surprise. She said it’s because the technology has improved in recent years. I hope she’s right and not just saying that to get me in the door when it will be 2 years after all!!

clh5086

Re: Another newbie (at 38)!

#2 Post by clh5086 »

Hi! I'm new too, I'm almost 32 and have had my braces on since November. Ceramic (with metal on the back teeth) and looking at possible extractions for overjet. Good luck!