Round 2 - Invisalign this time

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cssteam909

Round 2 - Invisalign this time

#1 Post by cssteam909 »

Hi
My first round of braces was about 15 years ago. My ortho pretty much got tired of me because my teeth wouldn't move as she wanted them to. She took all the brackets off except the front 6 of top and bottom put on a bonded retainer on bottom and gave me a Hawley for the top. When the Hawley came in, she took off the remaining brackets. Before she did that I questioned several things that didn't look right. I was told, the roots are in the right spot, its the shape of your teeth that make it look off. The bonded retainer was bonded to all 6 of my front teeth on bottom. Over the years, the bonded retainer has popped off of a couple of teeth and about 4 weeks ago it broke. So I called my prior ortho and tried to set up an appointment and was told it would take about 2 weeks to get me in. Now, this thing is stabbing me, I'm not waiting 2 weeks. A coworker said call your dentist see what they will do. I had already talked to my dentist and they won't touch it. So I tell my coworker this. She then said...call my dentist. So I'm like, it can't hurt. So I do. I call, talk with a really nice lady and she tells me that since it is not just unbonded but actually broken, I really needed to talk with an ortho. I proceeded to tell her that they couldn't get me in for a couple of weeks and that it was stabbing me. They advised me that they use XYZ Ortho to give them a call. I call that location and they are able to get me in the next day. They emailed me all the new patient forms so I can have them filled out in advance. Everyone from the moment I called this location to the tech that took off my bonded retainer to the Ortho himself was so nice. After having a discussion with him and how I have not been happy with the outcome of my teeth from the first round of braces, I decided to do this journey again. They took all the photos, x-rays, and did the digital scans. That was so much better than the tray of goop. This time I qualify for Invisalign and will be getting my first trays tomorrow. He said treatment time will be 18-24 months and I will have rubber bands and attachments, how many or when is unknown at this time. I will have quarterly (12 weeks) appointments for checkups. And I was the first person to sign up and pay the down payment for Invisalign in their new office (which they had only been in 1 previous day).