New here- any advice appreciated!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tayces

New here- any advice appreciated!

#1 Post by tayces »

Hi there,

I'm 20 years old and I just had my first consultation with an orthodontist yesterday to see if I was a good candidate for Invisalign or braces. Because I have an extreme deep bite and two severe rotated bottom teeth, he suggested braces as the only way to achieve an absolutely perfect smile. I set my appointment for Wednesday to get them on. However, I am still debating between ceramic or metal braces. I've already done a lot of research but I still feel conflicted. Any advice about the type of braces or anything in general is welcome! I'm glad to be part of this forum.

Jethro

Re: New here- any advice appreciated!

#2 Post by Jethro »

Hey tayces, congrats on starting your treatment. As for the proverbial ceramic vs metal decision, they are both good and will both get the desired results, it's just a matter of preference. Here's a recent threat on this topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=54271&p=507228#p507228 . Good luck!

All the Best,

Jethro

djspeece

#3 Post by djspeece »

Congrats on starting things off. I guess by now you have made your decicsion -- which way did you go with the brackets? I had the ceramics, but frankly would probably go with all metal if I had to do it over (uggh). Either way will likely get you a good result! Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Navygrrl

#4 Post by Navygrrl »

Ceramic braces tend to be bigger than metal braces, and some people don't like the color after they are applied, but I'm sure you've already made your decision. I have all metal braces, and most people don't really say too much about them at all, at least not until I mention it.

Also, be patient with your journey. There are going to be times when your teeth look worse or gaps open up, but it's a marathon, not a sprint. :)