I have something in common with my first graders

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

embracethebrace

I have something in common with my first graders

#1 Post by embracethebrace »

I just recently lost my last baby tooth! And it only took 28 years. I've had a canine baby tooth jammed in until just recently when the dentists extracted it. To be honest, there wasn't much left of it because it was basically ready to fall out (apparently this happens with adults who still have baby teeth). Now that I have a gap in my smile, it has kind of forced me to get braces!
I've always needed them but was never able to afford them and always told myself that I was satisfied with my smile (even though, deep down, I wasn't).
I've always been a very smiley person. I smile at everybody about everything. I can't help it. I've tried not smiling because I was self-conscious and I am so eager to get braces so that I no longer cringe when I smile. Sadly, I have to wait two weeks just for a second consult, and then more appointments for molds, etc....
I just want to get started!!!

ColdCoffee

Re: I have something in common with my first graders

#2 Post by ColdCoffee »

Congratulations on the decision to improve your smile :) Do you have an adult incisor hidden/impacted?
I understand the frustration of having to wait - did you go to different ortho offices for consults? Sometimes, once you have found the right ortho for you, things can move along quite quickly, so don't despair :wink: