Braces - 42yo all cleared

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alithecat

Braces - 42yo all cleared

#1 Post by alithecat »

:BigGrin: Hello everyone. So nice to know that this forum exists and sounds like a supportive community. Here's my story...

2.5 years ago, my lower incisor tooth shifted significantly causing me a lot of anxiety and worry. I remembered that day so vividly. Upon my consult with my dentist, I was referred to a periodontist to seek treatment immediately as I was diagnosed with "severe" periodontal dis-ease. Since then, after various treatments, I was given the all-clear to meet with an orthodontist to help with my teeth mis-alignment in order for better dental health management.

I am now here, deeply nervous, anxious and yet excited about this next phase. I am due to have my braces fixed in a week's time (for the 2nd time in my lifetime - my 1st was at age 11yo). I'm truely not a fan of dental works, brings up much nervousness that even my periodontist can even sense my nervousness from a mile away. I'm afraid of losing teeth, and complications that may arise from having fitted braces. Knowing that my Ortho is experienced in cases like mine brings a sense of assurance. Mixed bag of emotions and thoughts.

I am also doing all i can to manage my wholistic health so I can get the best possible outcome.

Is there anyone out there who had similar experiences i.e periodontal, given the all clear for orthodontics, and going through / finished the treatment? Like to hear how it went for you.