Getting braces in 10 days - should I choose Iconix braces?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SurlyTemple

Getting braces in 10 days - should I choose Iconix braces?

#1 Post by SurlyTemple »

HI everyone....I am new here, and I am both excited and nervous to be getting braces in my 40's! EEEK!!!!

My Orthodontis said that iconix are less visible, and he is not charging me if I choose them, even though they are a bit more expensive than metal.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on which type to get.

Thanks so much.

Bracefacebride

Re: Getting braces in 10 days - should I choose Iconix braces?

#2 Post by Bracefacebride »

Well not having to pay more is a huge bonus! They were 3,000 more at my ortho. But I heard talking with them is a challenge and they cut your tongue up something fierce.
What did you end up going with?

embracethebrace

#3 Post by embracethebrace »

I'm very interested to find out which option you chose!

Navygrrl

#4 Post by Navygrrl »

If they are the same price as regular braces, I don't see why not. I'm also in my 40s and have self-ligating braces and have found that most people don't say anything about my braces and some haven't even noticed. I just got navy blue powerchains, though, so that will probably change. :lol: