Orthodontist that specializes in tmj in MD, DC, or VA

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

aerospace7799

Orthodontist that specializes in tmj in MD, DC, or VA

#1 Post by aerospace7799 »

Hello everyone. I've completed Phase I of my tmj splint therapy, in which I wore a splint on my mandible for approximately 1.5 years. I currently have an open bite posteriorly and my front teeth are touching. I've consulted with an oral surgeon, who ordered me to have an MRI done, and he stated that I only require orthodontics and there's no need to have any form of surgery. Moreover, I have seen an orthodontist in the DC area who said that he can treat me successfully with braces; the treatment will take between 12-18 months. Before I proceed with this expensive treatment, I would like to ask the forum if anyone knows of an orthodontist that is either very familiar with treating patients that have concluded Phase I tmj splint therapy or specializes in treating tmj patients with open bites? Since I reside in the DC, MD, and VA area, I would prefer someone in the DMV region. Thanks much, and I look forward to the feedbacks, since I am eager to commence this treatment and fix my bite permanently. :)

djspeece

Re: Orthodontist that specializes in tmj in MD, DC, or VA

#2 Post by djspeece »

I know this post is 6 months old, but I would recommend my orthodontist without reservation: Dr. Andrew Schwartz (Capitol Orthodontics), board certified, very detail oriented, with offices in DC and Rockville MD. I don't know that he specifically specializes in TMJ issues, but he is very good. Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying