Ortho consult today...SO NERVOUS!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cakers

Ortho consult today...SO NERVOUS!

#1 Post by cakers »

I have an open bite and it’s getting worse. I realized last week how much worse it is now. I have an ortho consultation in 2.5 hours from now. I am really anxious about it. A) I have anxiety! Ha! B) I am afraid they will say I need surgery. C) I am afraid I won’t be able to afford braces. D) I am afraid I will be able to afford braces and they will put them on me today and I am just nervous about taking such a big step.

My teeth don’t “look crooked,” and people even compliment me on them, but they don’t touch in front and the gaps that closed in my teens are coming back. I am lisping more and I know I also need speech therapy for tongue thrust. Like many other things, I wish this had been dealt with when I was a kid.

But maybe it’s okay. Maybe it will feel like a fresh start.

EmilyTravels

Re: Ortho consult today...SO NERVOUS!

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

I think we are all nervous at the start of something new and unknown, but in the end, it normally ends up being a very good thing to take care of any orthodontic issues that you're dealing with.

So, how did it go? Hopefully well and you're not so nervous now. :D

cakers

#3 Post by cakers »

I got braces! They are metal and I got pink and lavender elastics. I figured I would have fun with them. I will have them on for probably 24 months and will need rubber bands as well. I am sore today and still working out flossing properly, but I am hopeful overall. I should have had these 20+ years ago!

EmilyTravels

#4 Post by EmilyTravels »

Yahoo! I love your elastics colors! I would have enjoyed having fun with color, but my brackets are self-ligating, so no luck there.

You'll probably be a bit sore the first week, then it will be less until your next adjustment. Elastics also cause soreness but work wonders. Enjoy the ride -- it is all worth it! :D

liner

#5 Post by liner »

Did you consider invisalign?
I love it! Easy and you can pull them out if you need to.

uyianns

#6 Post by uyianns »

I took a Xanax prior to my metal braces installation, just relaxed in the chair for two hours...

cakers

#7 Post by cakers »

They did offer me Invisalign, but it cost a bit more upfront and I would rather save the money. I am adapting to the metal braces.