Embracing the braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braceyourself666

Embracing the braces

#1 Post by Braceyourself666 »

Hi everyone 😊
I am new to the world of braces.
34 years old and just got braces for the first time on Friday 29th of June
I have spent a heap of time on this site recently reading up on people's experiences and what to expect.
I was scheduled to get top and bottom braces but had the top fitted and bottom in 5 weeks. Due to overcrowding I had a tooth out and think my orthodontist wants to see how much they move on their own first.
My braces are the regular metal ones, no clear due to the malocclusion and other issues. Possibility of clear top ones in the future, but honestly these ones are no where near as bad as I thought they would be.
Today I had to get a bracket re glued, mainly because of the angle of the tooth... I m learning all the terminology... And omg I m in love with dental wax.
I have not had any pain associated with my teeth as such... Only the inside of my mouth ripped to shreds, which is now toughening up.
Today it's starting to hurt if certain front teeth are brushed or knocked, orthodontist said it was good I have no pain, and no it doesn't mean my braces aren't working πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Has anybody else not suffered too much pain, I know each person is different
On another positive.. I m eating slower and less and after 30 years finally found something that has made me stopped biting my nails.
So here is hoping in the next 1 1/2 to 2 years it will be straight beautiful teeth, a healthier body and longer nails... Embrace the braces
Peace out
Bee

twedledee

Re: Embracing the braces

#2 Post by twedledee »

Hi Braceyourself666,
we are the same age and we are starting this journey together! I've put my top braces on 23th of June. I also have a severe overcrowding, and I have chosen clear on top and metal on bottom. I still feel the brackets pretty bulky, right now I can't tell if they are worth the expense. I'm getting my bottom braces after two months. After 10 days I'm eating quite normally but I still feel that I'm moving my face and cheeks differently, one on my colleague has said that it seems like I've got botox :mrgreen: I'm already seeing some movements, but maybe they are all in my mind, we'll se at my first visti after a month :oops:
Good luck to us!

Braceyourself666

#3 Post by Braceyourself666 »

Hi there
Thanks heaps for your reply
Congrats on getting the braces, that is pretty great we are the same age and about on the same time line. And getting bottom ones after top.
I havent bitten my nails in nearly a week now and no longer need wax. Front two teeth are still sore if bumped.
I can actually pronounce words better now that the braces aren't shredding my mouth.
Eating more now but still cutting food up small and eating on my back two teeth that don't have wires. I had to have a tooth extracted years ago Upper right so orthodontist is using that as extra space to move into, hence why no wires past that point
Good luck and please don't hesitate to contact me to exchange experiences as we are so similar 😊
Bee

twedledee

#4 Post by twedledee »

I'm having the same soreness on my front teeth, I think because they ad are the most overcrowded. I have some space from my wisdom teeth extraction, we'll see!
Let's keep in touch :jump:

Braceyourself666

#5 Post by Braceyourself666 »

Not sure if there is private message on here??

twedledee

#6 Post by twedledee »

Braceyourself666 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:42 am Not sure if there is private message on here??
I don't think so :paperbag:

Braceyourself666

#7 Post by Braceyourself666 »

Just did some reading, we need post more than 12 times so we are not classified as new members. Can then private message 😊

twedledee

#8 Post by twedledee »

Hi Braceyourself666, how are you doing? after a couple of weeks I'm eating almost everything and also biting into something soft (like some fruits). My front teeth are still quite sore, but it doesn't bother me so much, mainly because I can see that they are moving! I have compared my before braces photos with new ones, and I'm quite sure that my front have moved, and this is so exciting for me! I hope that you're doing well too :)

Braceyourself666

#9 Post by Braceyourself666 »

[quote=twedledee post_id=503230 time=1531254124 user_id=31929]
Hi Braceyourself666, how are you doing? after a couple of weeks I'm eating almost everything and also biting into something soft (like some fruits). My front teeth are still quite sore, but it doesn't bother me so much, mainly because I can see that they are moving! I have compared my before braces photos with new ones, and I'm quite sure that my front have moved, and this is so exciting for me! I hope that you're doing well too :)
[/quote]

Hi there 😊
Yep sounds like we are experiencing similar things. My front teeth have definitely moved, still not a lot of pain.. Just pressure...
I have figured out how and what to eat without too many issues. Not as limited now, but still have to cut everything up small. I have a toothbrush and floss kit in every bag and at work lol...
My nails are growing too, which is pretty awesome... 30 year habit stopped... Can't physically do it with the braces... A nice side effect I didn't really think about
I get bottom braces and adjustment on august 9....
Hope you're going well and soon I should be able to private message. 😊
I also got a waterpik and omg it's so damn good.. Highly recommended.
Keep in touch
Bee

twedledee

#10 Post by twedledee »

I was thinking about getting a waterpick too, my teeth aro so close together that I just can't clean them right. I am considering a portable one, it's quite cheap and I think that can be useful to bring with me or vacation. My ortho has never mentioned it, I have the next appointment in two weeks and I'm gonna ask her about it.
Take care!

Braceyourself666

#11 Post by Braceyourself666 »

I got the portable one and it's been great, everything feels so much cleaner.
I m not sure what to expect with the bottom braces but I think they are going to be a lot more painful then the top as the teeth are set closer to the inside of my mouth...
Anyway it will be definitely worth it in the long run

Braceyourself666

#12 Post by Braceyourself666 »

Also not sure where you are located but here in Australia my waterpik was about $120

twedledee

#13 Post by twedledee »

I'm writing from Italy, just around the corner :D
I've found this waterpick: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01IR4 ... 1LFWOXUHT8, it's very cheap!

Jami1

#14 Post by Jami1 »

Hi there! I'm new too. I just got my top braces last week...ceramic. I am not sure when bottoms will go on...depends on how quickly bite opens. I am thinking this is a great new diet plan though😝