4 brackets in 4 weeks

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Remi4832

4 brackets in 4 weeks

#1 Post by Remi4832 »

Okay so ive had my braces since Apr 2 and within the first 10 hours a bracket popped off my top front tooth when I was taking a drink. The following morning while I was talking the bracket next to the that popped off. I got them put back on that day and all was well for about a week. Then while I was eating Mac n cheese the top left molar bracket popped off l.....I swallowed it. Got fixed. Now I’m in my 4th week of braces and now the bracket on next to my front tooth(not the one that was fixed) pops off. This one I woke up and it was off. This happened on Saturday morning my orthodontist office is closed until Monday but the lousy part is i might not be able to make it in due to work I already had to move my appointment from this Monday to the following. I’m going to call tomorrow and talk to my orthodontist. Is it common for this many brackets to pop off? I’ve done in my eyes really well to not eat anything that is tough. I don’t even bite with my front teeth I normal take my food make it small enough and eat with my molars. Idk just curious on if this is normal and if all these brackets coming off are going to cost me time.

Murcatko

Re: 4 brackets in 4 weeks

#2 Post by Murcatko »

And I thought I got really unlucky after getting my braces 4 days ago and finding out that a bracket became detached today.
I was also trying to eat mostly soft foods and not put too much presssure on my teeth. When my doctor attached my braces, she told me her nurse got sick so she will have to do it alone but that she will “manage”. Maybe this might be the cause with me.
I think that if 4 of your brackets popped, it might be the doctors fault. I read somewhere that there are 3 causes for popped brackets: teeth (if enamel is damaged), pacient (eating habits) and Doctor (if she doesn’t attach it properly etc).

Murcatko

#3 Post by Murcatko »

She reattached my bracket today but it took her 3 tries - whenever she glue it on my tooth and then attach the wire, the bracket would pop out again :D
She became quite nervous after almost an hour of poking around in my mouth as there were already many patients waiting in the waiting room so I got worried that she would make some mistake. But hopefully it will stay there for now, although I'm quite worried to put any kind of pressure on that tooth :(
One good thing though is that she cut the ends of the wires so they don't poke into my cheecks anymore :)

Remi4832

#4 Post by Remi4832 »

I got my bracket fixed and I got a new wire and some power bands! the tooth that the bracket popped off for like a week is soooo sensitive lol. but Im glad their all back together and I'm back on track.