Had to move an appointment

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Remi4832

Had to move an appointment

#1 Post by Remi4832 »

Hey everyone,

I’m jeremy 26 yo and I’ve had my braces for about a month now. So I had my next appointment setup for April 30. I had some stuff for work come up where I would not be able to get in that whole week. The appointment is to put on a thicker wire power chains and elastics. I called and asked the receptionist this same question is it better to be 5 days early to this appointment or 7 behind this appointment? The receptionist said it was about the same either way just trying to get the community’s opinion on he best plan of attack for this. Thanks everyone in advance!

AvalonD

Re: Had to move an appointment

#2 Post by AvalonD »

Thats a toughie.

Personally, I would book it for 7 days after your set appointment rather than 5 days before, merely because there is a lot of movement expected in the beginning portion of braces installation so I doubt that it would do anything to slow your progress. As well, if you go in earlier you can risk having your teeth not ready to have a thicker wire put on. Your ortho will have to check if your teeth are ready for the new wire. I personally was meant to have both of my wires switched to thicker squarer wires on my first appointment after installment but was only quite ready for one to have a thicker rounded one- (I had to wait an additional month for those changes ugh).

However, I'd say that it isn't a huge deal whether you go in earlier or later.

Best of luck!
-Ava :rose:

Remi4832

Re: Had to move an appointment

#3 Post by Remi4832 »

Okay great that’s what I did wind up scheduling. I definitely do see a lot of minor movements and it’s only been like 3 weeks which blows my mind🤯! Can’t wait for my next appointment tho.