Braces at 26

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OccludedCarl

Braces at 26

#1 Post by OccludedCarl »

Hello everyone. I’ve been lurking for a few months and finally decided to join. Getting braces for the second time at 26. I had Invisalign when I was 18 but I was too irresponsible to wear them consistently. This time around I went for the traditional ceramic. Cheers to the next two years

lajp

Re: Braces at 26

#2 Post by lajp »

I did the same for the longest time and decided to create an account because why not. So far do you like "traditional" (other than the ceramic part) braces better than Invisalign? I know both treatments involve significantly different management and maintenance. I was told I was "great" candidate for Invisalign but I didn't want it because I "missed" this rite-of-passage XD. :D Plus the whole attachments and buttons freaked me out. :shock:

"Adult braces" as people call them... what is it like the second time around? Is it more difficult pain wise? I hear it is for when people go through it a second time. I feel the same: cheers to the next 2 years or more... or less... Haha.
Braced: 6 March 2018
self-ligating ceramic and metal brackets combo
Estimated Treatment Time: 22 months