Tooth sensitivity

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Easyslow

Tooth sensitivity

#1 Post by Easyslow »

I have damon braces last month she made adjustmen was little pain but looks ok..But after couple weeks my front teath became very sensitive i go back to ortho she took xray and remove brace from sensitive tooth to make some rest..she thinks that i grinding at night..but yeserday my sensitive became hypersensitive most in the mornong and pain very sharp till nose but stoped ..i cant understand whats wrong ..i cant make ortho till next week..usually no pain most in the mornings and sometimes when i moving around..please help
With braces 4months

Nami

Re: Tooth sensitivity

#2 Post by Nami »

Sorry I don't have any advice to help you but I hope your pain goes away soon. *hugs*

Feb 9th, 2018: top 6 teeth braced || Feb 15th, 2018: extractions ||
March 5th, 2018: all braces on!

Specialk5454

#3 Post by Specialk5454 »

Hi, I just got braces two weeks ago and I am a grinder especially on one tooth where my bite is uneven.
I've noticed that tooth getting more and more sensitve in the last two weeks.
I'm not sure what to do about it either! Hope yours gets better!

lajp

#4 Post by lajp »

Welcome to the brace face club/community! I have been soooo exciteeee for braces.

Did your ortho put "tooth pillows" or bite blocks/turbos on your molars or the lingual side of your anterior teeth? Those help and prevent major grinding that would cause you to bite off your brackets. I have them and they have been super helpful as I have noticed A LOT LESS grinding.

Aches and pain for me are intermittent and the exact location changes every 2 weeks or so. To manage that, I would eat on the less sensitive side (but try not to over compensate). I used ice pack/ice block once and it felt amazing; definitely calmed down the pain. I would just rub it right where the pressure/pain was. I have self-ligating (not Damon®) too.
Braced: 6 March 2018
self-ligating ceramic and metal brackets combo
Estimated Treatment Time: 22 months

Remi4832

#5 Post by Remi4832 »

I had bracket off for about 5 days and when my ortho put it back on that day my tooth was hypersensitive to anything cold....even breathing lol. Im also a grinder my bite blocks after a month had to be removed and they remolded new ones. my biggest suggestion for you is to have some ibuprofen
around and avoid anything for a few days that causes your tooth pain if it persists I would go back to your ortho.