Need help getting braces off after almost 4 years

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lashaquana

Need help getting braces off after almost 4 years

#1 Post by Lashaquana »

Hello! So... I've started my treatment back in about 2014, and during 2015, my insurance got cut off because I became 21 mid-treatment. I've had trouble getting some insurance over the years and as of February 2018, I'm insured with WellCare.

My first thoughts? Get these braces off... A bracket is broken, the rubber bands snapped off, they need to be finished ASAP.

I called my old orthodontists and they said they would not take my insurance, and if they did, they would not work on me because they are a children's orthodontists. I've called around and it seems no one in the area takes my insurance or even do adult orthodontics without spending a huge chunk of money.

I really need these off, but I can't afford to pay out of pocket... I thought the insurance would help but it's just a slap in my face saying, "you tried, but failed, HA!"

I really don't know what to do, I don't know who to talk to, and I have no leads on my next steps to getting these off. I'm -this- close to getting some plyers and taking them off myself. If anyone could point me in a good direction, I would truly appreciate that.