Hello

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Elainef28

Hello

#1 Post by Elainef28 »

Hello
I am a new member so wanted to come and say hello
I am Elaine and 34
I am now 4 weeks into having Damon braces fitted, and already can see little improvements.
I had braces as a child but was a thumb sucker and have caused myself a bit of a battle now
I have a 12.5 over jet, a narrow upper arch and overcrowding.
My daughter got her braces taken off which was the push I needed, I have a two year journey ahead, this first months been eventful with broken brackets and flossers not working properly So looking forward to the end road eventually

Nami

Re: Hello

#2 Post by Nami »

Hi Elaine! Did your orthodontist promised your a complete fix? My ortho said he could bring my overjet of 10mm down to about 4mm at best. I was hoping for 2-3mm but we'll have to see... I just got my braces on yesterday! What teeth does your ortho want for you to extract and what are your expectations?

Elainef28

Re: Hello

#3 Post by Elainef28 »

Hi
No my orthodontist explained that I wouldn’t get a complete fix to my overbite.
She could get me to a 7 without extractions and 2 with
The last time she checked I was down at a 8 but I’d like to hope I’ve gone a bit further.
I decided not to extract any teeth
Tbh my goal in all of this was to get the overbite down to what she could and have straight teeth
From what I had there is already a huge significant improvement with my bite, crooked teeth and overbite
I’ve still got a year and a bit to go and still sometimes am questioning why this tooth is more squint now as it’s on the move or if this pain is normal etc 🤔but when I look back to how I was I am amazed the progress that’s happened in only 6 months