Hello

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Meinir7

Hello

#1 Post by Meinir7 »

Hello to everyone!!!

I am so pleased that there is a community like this.
I had braces as a child but never wore the retainer.... i so wish i did. The past couple of years i have been feeling self conscious, so i decided to sort my teeth out. I had 2 appointments before Christmas and have just had my top arch placed on the 12th January. I already want them off! To be honest, i do not like my orthodontist but she was the best price. I have a lisp and my mouth just aches. I have bite blocks on my front teeth, i have been told that my teeth will not touch until 4 months into treatment. It is so strange to eat. She said the estimated time of my treatment is around a year.

Anyway, i am glad to have found this forum. I believe it will be much help to talk to people experiencing the same.

Meinir x

atrixa

Re: Hello

#2 Post by atrixa »

Welcome to the forum! What kind of braces did you choose to go with?
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Meinir7

Re: Hello

#3 Post by Meinir7 »

Thankyou. Damon clear braces. I have found today that it helps to massage the gum, it takes a bit of the ache away. I wanted to take medicine but they say that ibuprofen deters treatment. I cannot take paracetamol because it makes me dizzy.