Braces at 35.

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

carebearsd

Braces at 35.

#1 Post by carebearsd »

Hi Everyone.

I have been wanting to get braces for a while and kept putting it off. I went to many orthodontists throughout the years and would get all kinds of different treatment options I didn't feel comfortable with. I finally went to an Orthodontist who I felt comfortable with, the pricing was reasonable, and the treatment made sense. I have read and heard lots of horror stories from people who had bad experiences with their orthodontic treatments.

Now here I am 35 with braces. I went with the clear braces on top and metal bottom. I also have a palate expander on top. It's been a month of wearing the top braces and next month we will see if I can get the bottom braces on.

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing from this community. Glad to know there is a place I can go to.

:tingrin:

Jasmina

Re: Braces at 35.

#2 Post by Jasmina »

Welcome! I am 30 and I just put my braces on too. First top and then in couple of months the bottom ones. I wanted to get braces for a long time so I should be happy but still feeling a little bit weird about it. Good luck on your journey.

carebearsd

#3 Post by carebearsd »

Thanks Jasmina. I know what you mean it does feel weird. Good Luck on your journey.

vanagloria

#4 Post by vanagloria »

Welcome, and count me in the thirties and new to braces club. I'm thirty-two and just got them on yesterday.

metalmouthmama

#5 Post by metalmouthmama »

Welcome! I am also in the thirties with braces club, except I got mine on shortly before turning 39 so I'll also be in the Braced at 40 club, at least for a short time :BigTeethGrin:

carebearsd

#6 Post by carebearsd »

Thanks vanagloria and metalmouthmamma. Good Luck on your journeys.

NurseBraceFace

#7 Post by NurseBraceFace »

I also got braces at 35! It was actually on my 35th birthday about 3 weeks ago.

carebearsd

#8 Post by carebearsd »

Welcome nursebraceface. Good Luck on your journey. :tingrin:

assertives

#9 Post by assertives »

Welcome!! I also got braced for the first time at age 35 a week after my birthday in June last year!

SarahJeanneSays

#10 Post by SarahJeanneSays »

Hi! I'm getting mine on next Tuesday and I'm 36!

YankeeFan62

Re: Braces at 60+

#11 Post by YankeeFan62 »

Hello, Everyone

I am getting braced the 2nd week of July for the first time. I am going with metal braces and will start with the top on first. Good Luck to everyone.

twedledee

#12 Post by twedledee »

34 and getting braces on Saturday! I'm so nervous, also because I've had a bad start with the molar rotator. I'm also getting clear on top and metal on bottom (in a couple on months), wish us all luck!

meggie

#13 Post by meggie »

31 here!

It seems getting braces on the top first is very common! I am doing the Carriere Appliance followed by braces on the top for 18-24 mos and then braces on the bottom for the last 6 months. I am on day 5 of the Carriere haha. Hopefully I will have a beautiful smile for my 35th birthday lol!

Braceyourself666

#14 Post by Braceyourself666 »

Hi everyone..
34 here and just got braces two weeks ago
Needed them since childhood but wasn't feasible for parents at the time and now I am in a position to do it. My issues are overcrowding, Malocclusion and cross bite.
Bottom braces in 3 weeks, kinda glad I didn't get both done at same time as inside of my mouth was pretty battered and sore
No need for wax now, but omg in first few days I was in love with dental wax 😂
Braces have stopped my 30 year nail biting habit in its tracks, not something I even considered them helping with but two weeks later and my nails are growing. It's amazing what happens when you can't physically bite them any more
No pain just pressure, the only sensitive teeth are the front two if I accidentally bite down on them
My waterpik is my new favourite thing, and I don't know about you guys but I have a few brush and floss packs for my bags and one at work now... You never know when you might need to clean 😂
Glad we can all share this journey together
The 30s really do feel like the start of my real life and who I want to/was meant to be
Bee

rebyt

#15 Post by rebyt »

I’m new here too, and will be joining the braces in your 30s club soon. Good luck!