New braces at 49!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lellybun

New braces at 49!

#1 Post by Lellybun »

Hi, I am nearly 3 weeks into having braces for the second time. First time was nearly 40 years ago. It has been alot tougher than I thought it would be and remembered from the first time.

This time I have fixed self ligating braces on top and bottom. I only had treatment on my top teeth the first time around.

I am hoping that my treatment is much quicker than the estimate of 18-24 months! I have joined this forum so that I can gain some hope and encouragement from other peoples experiences. Well done to those going through or have been through the treatment, hats off to you all!

EmilyTravels

Re: New braces at 49!

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

Hello and welcome! I am also in self-ligating braces in my second round in braces. First round was in my early teens, and now I'm 56! I wouldn't be in braces except that I fractured my jaw in a bicycle accident back in the spring. Had to have my jaw wired for awhile and am now still working on regaining my bite (though it will likely never be exactly what it was before the accident) with braces. My teeth had become more crooked over the years, so a good side effect of having braces again will be having straight teeth once again.

THIS time I plan to wear my retainers forever! :lol:

Lellybun

#3 Post by Lellybun »

Thanks for the welcome! Ouch with the jaw fracture, that sounds nasty.

When my wisdom teeth came through, they pushed my teeth forward again and I have been left with over erupted bottom teeth which were causing trauma to the roof of my mouth. I just wish I had gone for braces when it was first advised by my dentist - it would be over by now if I had!

I do feel better knowing that from this point my teeth will be getting straighter, and I have been amazed by how many friends and colleagues have said that they would really like to do something about their teeth. I am becoming a bit with obsessed with staring at everyones teeth now!! :shock:

Raekon

#4 Post by Raekon »

welcome, it's never too late to start and hope everything goes well for you! :D