Hi everybody ! Another older newbie =)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cheekygremlin

Hi everybody ! Another older newbie =)

#1 Post by Cheekygremlin »

Hi everyone!
My name is Ange and I'm from Brisbane, Australia and well as the title suggests I am 36 years old and have had my Suresmile braces on for 6 days now =)
I love reading everyone's stories and recommendations on here! Look forward to getting to know more and meeting people on the same journey as me.

EmilyTravels

Re: Hi everybody ! Another older newbie =)

#2 Post by EmilyTravels »

Welcome! You are a baby, though... I am 56 and in braces for the second time. :HugeGrin:

LisainTX

#3 Post by LisainTX »

Welcome Angie! Yes, you are still a baby. I am in my 50s and have just a few more months before tooth freedom!
This site is a blessing and has got me through some tough times. Lots of good advice and info here but the stories are the best. They'll keep you sane. Good Luck!!

Scandalicious

#4 Post by Scandalicious »

Don’t worry about these old codgers in their wheelchairs Angie, us 30 something adults are oldies.

EmilyTravels

#5 Post by EmilyTravels »

Scandalicious wrote:Don’t worry about these old codgers in their wheelchairs Angie, us 30 something adults are oldies.
Sorry, I know you were trying to be funny, but this comment is a little rude and ageist. :ThumbsDown: I may be older, but I am very fit! Have ridden over 2500 miles on my bicycle this year so far, walk everywhere. Not quite ready for a wheelchair!

When I was 30, I didn't think I'd ever be in my 50s, but I'm here to tell you that age happens to all of us. It's how you deal with it and embrace it that matters! :D

LisainTX

#6 Post by LisainTX »

Yeah, I just saw that and wasn't quite sure what was meant either. Not sure what sort of people you are around but this HERE young lady works 40 plus hours a week in the health industry, volunteers several hours a week for my police dept. and plays drums semi professionally (rock) on a weekly basis. Def not an "old codger" in a wheelchair I'll have you youngsters' know!!! :gavel: LOL

EmilyTravels

#7 Post by EmilyTravels »

LisainTX wrote:Yeah, I just saw that and wasn't quite sure what was meant either. Not sure what sort of people you are around but this HERE young lady works 40 plus hours a week in the health industry, volunteers several hours a week for my police dept. and plays drums semi professionally (rock) on a weekly basis. Def not an "old codger" in a wheelchair I'll have you youngsters' know!!! :gavel: LOL
What do those young whippersnappers know anyway!?

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

mprazz

#8 Post by mprazz »

Welcome ! I'm also new in the forum, going to get my braces next month. Looking forward to hearing about your experience! :)

brissmith

#9 Post by brissmith »

Hi Another newbie, age 47 and thinking about getting a palate expander then braces.

brissmith

#10 Post by brissmith »

forgot to say....located in Brisbane, Australia

Braceyourself666

#11 Post by Braceyourself666 »

Hey there
34 here and had top braces for two weeks, bottom ones next month
Glad I found this site and can keep in touch with people with similar experiences.
I am from Victoria, Australia 😊