Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

svar2201

#1 Post by svar2201 »

Hi Everybody!

I got Damon Clear braces yesterday, both on upper and lower teeth. I am new to the group, and looking forward to all the helpful advice and discussions :) I am an ovo vegetarian trying to lose some weight too. I am not sure how difficult this is going to be, the treatment is expected to last 2 yrs :? I hope that I can share my experiences and learn from others too :)

:-1 :-1

Feliciaobrien

Re: New Member

#2 Post by Feliciaobrien »

Welcome! I am also a new member and look forward to reading about your journey. When did you get your braces installed?

Feliciaobrien

#3 Post by Feliciaobrien »

Welcome! I am also a new member and look forward to reading about your journey.

svar2201

#4 Post by svar2201 »

Welcome :) I hope to follow your journey too!

I got mine on Aug 4th. I had two 'blue cement' spots placed on my lower molars. I was told this would slightly raise the bite temporarily, so that the upper teeth doesn't touch the lower braces. I lost one blue cement spot already while eating. It doesn't really affect my chewing at the moment. So I have to wait until my next appointment which is on Sept 14 for the orthodontist to take a look at.

I will post important updates on this thread. I am on a mission to lose 30 pound too. I have a toddler boy, and I guess now is the best time to straighten teeth, lose weight and change some bad habits. I am aiming to stay within the 1200-1500 calories/day limit. It is pretty tough now to do that with the braces. I am avoiding rice, mashed potatoes, etc which are the recommended soft food.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 6 oz cappuccino or 1- 7 inch lentils-rice crepe with 6 oz cappuccino.
Lunch: Used to be salad with beans/tofu, nuts, sliced fruits like apple/mandarins etc., now I am paying more attention and using more softer fruits like strawberries, watermelon, etc
Snack: This is the time when I eat the most amount of junk food. Between 3 pm to 6 pm, I used to consume around 700-800 calories. I watch what I am eating now, I still snack twice in the evening. Since the braces are on, I have been eating some soft fruits like mangoes, berries, (has to be filling) and plain yogurt, Orgain plant protein shake with strawberries/banana.
Dinner: One wok full of stir fried vegetables with or without tofu (minimal oil, spiced with paprika, nutritional yeast and salt), sometimes with a handful of parboiled rice/5 inch whole wheat tortilla
Exercise: 4 times a week, group training stength-cardio classes.

** I had a terrible time chewing salad greens. I love my salads. I couldn't enjoy it since the past few days. Today I just sauteed my spring mix and even though it sounds weird, it was easier on my teeth. I wouldn't trying warming up lettuce though :D

LisainTX

#5 Post by LisainTX »

Hi there! I am on the mission to lose weight too.
They are telling me that I am getting close to the braces coming off so I would love to lose some weight before then so I can feel good about my smile and my body. :roll:
I have had those cements (I call them blocks) for the past couple of months up near my upper eye teeth. I keep knocking them off because I have a bad habit of gritting my teeth even though I am not a stressed out person. Right now they are both OFF but since my uppers don't seem to be hitting my lower brackets they told me not to worry. I go back 8/30 so we'll see....
Best wishes on the weight loss. Maybe we ought to start a thread for those trying to lose weight so we can check in and encourage each other!