Smoking!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tommyboy0916

Smoking!!!

#1 Post by Tommyboy0916 »

Just got metal braces on 7/17/17... Any smokers here?? If so, have you experienced negative effects?
I know best practice is to not smoke but I'm not heavy (maybe 3 cigs a day) I haven't had one in the last 24 hours but I feel like I'm overdue

Bracingfor33

Re: Smoking!!!

#2 Post by Bracingfor33 »

Nope. Unless you get white bands/powerchains. I've had no other negative effects and I smoke nearly a pack a day. I also had two lateral inscisors removed and smoked right after and no issues. Now I will say that when I had a wisdom tooth pulled and smoked I developed a dry socket. But nothing to note with the braces. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em :wink:

sacktheqb65

#3 Post by sacktheqb65 »

I smoked the first time i had braces and had no issues...

Michi0330

#4 Post by Michi0330 »

The only issue I've had is having clear ligs is the worst. The smoke stains them quick. Other than that I have had no issues.

Ellay4402

#5 Post by Ellay4402 »

Smoker here too :oops:
I'm not braced yet, but glad to hear there haven't been any problems. I guess I'm worried about what my teeth will look like under the brackets once they're off.