The older you are, the faster time goes - better 28 than a teen!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Natrapx

The older you are, the faster time goes - better 28 than a teen!

#1 Post by Natrapx »

Hello all

Getting mine put in tomorrow (Damon Clear) at the age of 28. Aiming to get married in May 2019 so these better work fast!

But I was thinking, the 2 months since my initial consultation have blazed by, the last 8 months since my new job also! So 12-18 months for treatment will be a piece of cake, unlike being a teenage when the years just seemed to drag by. I'm probably grasping at straws here to make myself feel better, but I hope it its going to work out this way!

Kkwill

Re: The older you are, the faster time goes - better 28 than a teen!

#2 Post by Kkwill »

I feel the same way! I have the exact same braces, and am 24, getting married soon too, so I feel your pain!
It's been since Christmas, almost 8 months, since I got mine on and time has wizzed by, so trust me it goes quick. Good luck!

Natrapx

#3 Post by Natrapx »

Hope my next 8 months whizzes by like yours did. I don't mind the braces or the pain at all, but I HATE these damn bite turbos. Scraping my tongue on them all the time,and had to wedge toilet paper in my mouth to sleep last night (didn't feel right unless they felt "closed"

atrixa

#4 Post by atrixa »

I've had mine on 5 months now, and I have no idea where the time's gone! Good luck :)
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

Bbyrd

#5 Post by Bbyrd »

I feel like time is going so slow right now....because I'm not started yet! Lol

pitasyd

#6 Post by pitasyd »

I hadn't gotten my braces on yet but I pray time go by fast while I have them too. I'm 39 and don't mind having braces but I love to eat all kinds of foods and can't do that with the metal smile.

Krissytina

#7 Post by Krissytina »

This is so encouraging to hear from everyone! I am 32 and on day 5 of my clear Damon braces. Time is not moving fast yet, lol! Thouhts about my teeth, my gums, the inside of my mouth, my speech, trying to figure out what to eat... these thoughts consume me every minute. I'm sure that once I get into the "swing of it" time will start flying again. I have a 10 year old daughter and 9 year old son who are set to begin orthodontics soon, so I have to be upbeat about my braces and me a good model!! :lol: Thanks again for the encouragement!

Socialsix

#8 Post by Socialsix »

Hoping the first eight months move quickly, that's how long my turbos are estimated to stay on for (I'm getting everything in November, just in time for Thanksgiving <<< eye roll >>>). Trying to stay positive, chunks of time (six months...eight months..) definitely fly as an adult! That will be a good thing for braces!

bracefaceislife

#9 Post by bracefaceislife »

I was feeling kind of bad about having braces as an adult, but the title of this post helps a lot with shifting my thinking! Thanks for sharing. And it's so true!