Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

22at26

#1 Post by 22at26 »

Hello all! You can call me Ann. I am 26 and have begun my journey with braces as of 3 days ago. I have a severe overjet, deep overbite, my bottom incisors bite against my palate, and I have crowding and rotating on the bottom.

I have been advised by my ortho I will need 22 months of Damon self-ligating braces. It has taken a lot to get here- at 10 years old I face planted onto the concrete and caused significant damage to my front two teeth, which instigated the downfall of my smile for the last 16 years. Many fillings, a root canal, other preventative work and lots of consults all led to ortho. It is likely I will lose my incisors anyway in the future due to damaged roots and resorption, but the braces will at least bring the bone back into alignment for better fitting bridge work or implants in the future.

I am excited and I really appreciate this forum as a means of gathering information as I learn through this process.

akhsuna

Re: New member

#2 Post by akhsuna »

Hello Ann! Nice to meet you. I am new here as well.

My name is Anushka, I'll be 19 in August and I've had my braces for close to a year now! I have Damon metal braces on as well. My ortho told me if all goes well, I'll have mine off in 18 months (best case scenario) or 2 years.

My problem was an overbite and some crowding in my lower jaw, and I had 4 teeth extracted! We suprisingly found out that my 2 lower premolars which had to be extracted were baby teeth which never fell out! Luckily there were no adult teeth under it, or their eruption could have made a mess in my mouth!

Now I am just worrying about whether or not the arrival of my wisdom teeth will undo the work of my braces...

Good luck on your braces journey! :D

22at26

#3 Post by 22at26 »

Good luck to you, too! I was lucky to have my wisdom teeth extracted years ago so I luckily don't have that concern.
Braced Date: 06/29/2017
Expected Duration:22 months
Type: Damon Metal
Problems: Overjet, deep overbite, crowded and shifted lower teeth, hx trauma to central upper incisors with recent root canal and enamel fissures.

wendy90

#4 Post by wendy90 »

Hello! I'm Wendy and I just stopped here to say hi. Hoping to make new friends here.

wendy90

#5 Post by wendy90 »

I'm so sorry. I posted this by mistake. Anyways good to see you. Happy to learn that there are many newbies. lol..