1st rodeo @ 27

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracesAt27

1st rodeo @ 27

#1 Post by BracesAt27 »

So I heard about this forum while watching YouTube tutorials on how to care for braces, what to expect, the process... etc. I am new to braces and my friends had braces years ago. I just want to complain about pain, find different remedies, distract myself from the pain and hear other people's stories about braces.
I just want to say I didn't know braces were more than brackets and arch wire. While doing all the research and you tubing I saw all these different "appliances" that are added onto the braces. This all made me have a million questions for my orthodontist.

So I had my consultation a few months ago and I was told I needed a top frenectomy :( uugghh it was soooo painful. After this procedure healed I had booked my appointment for the braces to be put on. I rescheduled the appointment due to a last minute vacation BUT Why didn't anyone tell me I needed spacers!!!
Went in for the appointment that I thought was for braces and came out with top brackets and 8 rubber spacers :evil: that hurt like crazy! They tell me I have to keep them in for 2 weeks! Well the dental assistant put one in wrong and my mouth was killing me the whole day and night into the morning, I had to get that spacer readjusted. Then 2 more broke because I clench my teeth at night.
I just came from getting them replaced and I was thinking they would go in smooth but it still hurt.
I go in next week for the braces and wire to be put in. Omg this is going to be an experience!

atrixa

Re: 1st rodeo @ 27

#2 Post by atrixa »

Welcome to the board! Not everyone has molar bands (I don't have any), but it's such a shame they didn't warn you properly! I hope everything goes smoothly next week. Let us know what it was like.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*