7 days left of eating whatever I want... LOL

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Aaeolien

7 days left of eating whatever I want... LOL

#1 Post by Aaeolien »

So a week from today the top ceramics go on and in a month the bottom metal will go on. Had braces about 12 years ago to fix some crowding/bite issues. Lost in the move about 8 years ago was you guessed it the retainers. Doh and with all that crazy i never bothered to replace them. So guess what. Teeth shifted back again of course. Dentist says you should go see an orthodontist as it looks like you grind your teeth a bit and are wearing your front teeth down because of your bite. Oh boy. Yep off to the Ortho I go. 12 months top and bottom fixes it all. Ok lets do this. So next monday 11:00am the ceramics go on. Funny side note to all my teeth drama. Girlfriend goes to dentist about the same week I did and her dentist (in Ohio, so different state) tells her hey you should do something about your bite you seem to be grinding the front of your teeth off. She started Invisalign last week. LOL As we now say "Couples who get braces together stay together" LOL

KellyGreen

Re: 7 days left of eating whatever I want... LOL

#2 Post by KellyGreen »

Lucky.

Just had mine put on, and I'm missing feeling/eating normal again, lol!

Aaeolien

#3 Post by Aaeolien »

Yep the top ceramics are on. Girlfriend and I went out to lunch right after yesterday and just kept chuckling at each other as we are both eating gently and trying to chew. She has invisalign attachments in a couple strange places that hang down below her teeth that she needs to be careful not to break off.

No real pain, but a bit of tenderness this morning on the teeth and a couple places where bracket is irritating my lip. Right where the elastic hooks are on each side which I'm sure we will be using once the bottom goes on next month.

6 weeks until next appointment. :)

str8k8

#4 Post by str8k8 »

That's so awesome for you guys going through it together!

Also, I often still dream of the kebab I had for my 'last supper' mmm!!

Aaeolien

#5 Post by Aaeolien »

Well we are at day 6 of the top braces on and boy are my teeth still sore. Front 4 just touching them is fairly painful. Oh well its all in the name of a good smile right? On the super plus side the brackets after the 3rd day stopped irritating my lips so I have that going for me. Of course biting into ANYTHING or CHEWING anything hurts. HAHAHA Girlfriend is just laughing at me though because she went thru this 3 weeks ago with her invisalign and we giggled about it the whole time.

redwilllow

#6 Post by redwilllow »

I can't wait for mine to go on. It's hard to see how I'm going to cope without being able to eat normal food though as I'm underweight at the moment, I can't afford to lose weight! Thinking of buying protein shakes haha.

Aaeolien

#7 Post by Aaeolien »

redwilllow wrote:I can't wait for mine to go on. It's hard to see how I'm going to cope without being able to eat normal food though as I'm underweight at the moment, I can't afford to lose weight! Thinking of buying protein shakes haha.
It'll take a little bit before eating normal food again feels normal. LOL I just went for it and the day they went on just ate what I would normally eat anyway albeit more carefully and in smaller pieces. I've tried to not let my teeth dictate what I am eating. Sure I gave up the Rolos and the stuff on the naughty list but everything else is fair game. Yes I resorted to eating a sub sandwich on day 2 with a fork and a knife. While weird I did it. LOL I'm on day 11? 12? something like that and while a bit tender i do feel like i can sort of bite into things again. Just cut stuff up into small pieces and go slow but just go for it. Sooner you dive into that sooner it'll feel a bit more normal to eat.

Aaeolien

#8 Post by Aaeolien »

Well the bottom braces are going on this Friday. :) Excited because thats where i will see the most movement. Top teeth are pretty straight from the last go around with braces but needed them on top as well to correct bite issues a bit. Bottom are pretty crowded and shifted in a way that I was starting to wear the front ones down from grinding. So 10:30am Friday morning for another round in the chair. LOL

Synergy91

#9 Post by Synergy91 »

Well luckily you can get them again at least. Hopefully this go around it fixes all your problems that you have. The eating part is not that bad, it actually made me eat healthier and lighter foods because the normal foods would get stuck in my braces all the time. :D

sacktheqb65

#10 Post by sacktheqb65 »

T minus 6 days for me

pitasyd

#11 Post by pitasyd »

I have about a month to go before I get my braces. For the past week I've been eating everything I know I will have to give up or cut back on. I love to eat so it's going to be an adjustment for me. I think I need to start weening myself off these foods so it won't have to stop cold turkey.