getting ready for braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bretthov

getting ready for braces

#1 Post by bretthov »

I'm 51 and will be getting braces on in June most likely. I had root canal today and getting a new crown over the next month. After that, I get a tooth extracted that is needed because of crowding. As soon as that is healed, I'm set to get braces for 24 months. Because of my overbite and crowding, I'm told I'll be in elastics over 1/2 of the time, but they may use a forsus appliance for a period of time that may reduce that. Having to decide clear or metal on the braces for the top - I have to have metal on bottom. Wife is in braces now, so that has helped seeing her go through treatment, but still nervous.

kellydarcy84

Re: getting ready for braces

#2 Post by kellydarcy84 »

I'm getting clear six month smile braces fitted on the 12th may so am so looking for advice.

bretthov

Re: getting ready for braces

#3 Post by bretthov »

I looked into the six month smiles, but my crowding and overbite were not things that it would correct good enough. I don't know much about it other than my one consult. The only thing I was leery about was that a dentist was doing the treatment and not an orthodontist. None of the orthodontist I met with did this or recommended it. I would make sure that an orthodontist is doing the treatment or at least do a consult with an orthodontist to see if they think the six month smiles would work well for your situation.