My Happy Day, April 24th!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pjade1

My Happy Day, April 24th!

#1 Post by pjade1 »

I finally got my molar bands off last week! I am scheduled to get my braces off on April 24th. The long wait is over. It took a long time for my teeth to quit hitting each other and hurting. They had me coming in every 2 weeks for the past 2 months to try and make me comfortable. My teeth looked straight but when an adjustment was made, another tooth started hurting. It went back and forth like that for a while until it was finally right.

My molars hurt for about 3 days after the bands were removed. Now the spaces need to close up so they are having me chew gum. I haven't chewed gum since getting my braces on. It does feel nice not to have those bands on back there anymore but you sure get used to brushing them with them on. I almost forgot how to brush real teeth. I was doing it like I had them on at first. I can't wait till I can brush them all like normal.

I have to admit, the braces were a pain but it will be totally worth it. I know I will be smiling a lot in a week! :D
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

atrixa

Re: My Happy Day, April 24th!

#2 Post by atrixa »

I am so excited for you! Remember how much we enjoy before and after pics on here, too!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

pjade1

#3 Post by pjade1 »

Yes, I will post pictures when I get them off!
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too

Twangsnap

#4 Post by Twangsnap »

Oh wow, that's like TOMORROW!! So glad it all worked out in the end and so quickly too - I have my (in theory) last appointment tomorrow before I get these bad boys off on May 10th but still not getting excited because of new gaps that have appeared. All will be revealed tomorrow...but not in the same sense as you :-)

Enjoy the big reveal and definitely post some before and afters - it reminds me to ask the orthodontist for my dental photos so I can do that same.

Yay!

pjade1

#5 Post by pjade1 »

Well, they are finally off! :HugeGrin: The removal process went fairly quick since the molar bands were taken off almost 2 weeks prior. They had to grind off the adhesive and polish up my teeth. They got impressions taken for my clear retainers and I picked those up the same afternoon. It now feels like my mouth is back to normal again. I didn't find that it felt odd. It just felt normal. I did have a habit of brushing my teeth with the toothbrush angled and now I can brush normally again. I love using regular floss too.

The retainers look nice but they do hurt when I take them off. It feels like I am pulling my teeth off. The orthodontist did say my teeth will probably hurt for a while and it is slowly getting better. They pretty much hurt only when I take the retainer off. They are getting easier to take off. My ortho said they should get more flexible after a few days and it will be easier. I am beyond thrilled to have them off though.

There really isn't a huge difference between the before/after pictures because my teeth weren't that crooked. My bottom teeth were a bit crooked but they are straight now. You can't see it in this picture though. It was the overbite/overjet that was the biggest issue I did include some pictures before/during/after.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pjade1

#6 Post by pjade1 »

Here are a couple of pictures during when I was getting my two front teeth fixed last year. My gumline was even but the teeth were different lengths so my dentist fixed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

erin5550

#7 Post by erin5550 »

pjade1 wrote:Well, they are finally off! :HugeGrin: The removal process went fairly quick since the molar bands were taken off almost 2 weeks prior. They had to grind off the adhesive and polish up my teeth. They got impressions taken for my clear retainers and I picked those up the same afternoon. It now feels like my mouth is back to normal again. I didn't find that it felt odd. It just felt normal. I did have a habit of brushing my teeth with the toothbrush angled and now I can brush normally again. I love using regular floss too.

The retainers look nice but they do hurt when I take them off. It feels like I am pulling my teeth off. The orthodontist did say my teeth will probably hurt for a while and it is slowly getting better. They pretty much hurt only when I take the retainer off. They are getting easier to take off. My ortho said they should get more flexible after a few days and it will be easier. I am beyond thrilled to have them off though.

There really isn't a huge difference between the before/after pictures because my teeth weren't that crooked. My bottom teeth were a bit crooked but they are straight now. You can't see it in this picture though. It was the overbite/overjet that was the biggest issue I did include some pictures before/during/after.
Congrats!!! Fantastic results.

atrixa

#8 Post by atrixa »

Congratulations! They look fantastic :D
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

BlondeCam

#9 Post by BlondeCam »

They look great!