New, Nuevo, Nouveau....Yikes

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gracie324

New, Nuevo, Nouveau....Yikes

#1 Post by Gracie324 »

How many ways can you say new and make it interesting.....well, I am new to the ArchWired community and about to be new to the adult braced community and very new to the "what in the ' H- E-double hockey sticks' am I doing?" community!
Well, I am a 56 yo female and two years ago my dentist said "Have you ever thought about braces?" "No", I replied. So this last Christmas, I was going through some old photographs and found a picture of myself from my second year at university and at risk of being seen as a real youngster.....OMG......my teeth were perfectly straight. So now I am three days away from have "spacers" put in and nine days away from upper and lower ceramic braces.
My plan so far is to have popcorn for dinner for the next two evenings, beyond that-- No Clue!
That is my story and I am sticking to it!
Looking forward to sending my very first selfie to my dentist when I have a full mouth of " whatever in the world my orthodontist thinks is the best to put in there" !
Also looking forward to reading through some of the topics/posts on this forum.

jjd

Re: New, Nuevo, Nouveau....Yikes

#2 Post by jjd »

Good Luck with your decision, I see here a great community for knowledge and support.

:-D

Gracie324

#3 Post by Gracie324 »

Today is THE DAY....application of the braces....
The spacers were fun. I had the dubious distinction of having some of the tightest spaces my orthodontist has seen in a LONG while. She had to resort to using a few metal spacers...Nice!!
Can't wait to see my new smile and then the evolution!

ElizabethMae

#4 Post by ElizabethMae »

Oh the spacers. I was almost excited to get my braces just to get rid of the spacers. The tech had to floss mine in and they were still tight and my gums ended up bleeding by the time they were all in.

Gracie324

#5 Post by Gracie324 »

Well, it has been a week...not that bad really. Some rubbing on the inside of my cheeks, a little time to get used to talking and the soreness associated with that...good thing I am not a big talker!
The weirdness of feeling like your teeth aren't as stable as they were is a bit unnerving. Oh well, it is not as bad as it was 6 days ago, I suspect that in another 6 days or so, it won't be so strange!