28 yo just got Cfast braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HelenMK

28 yo just got Cfast braces

#1 Post by HelenMK »

Hi everyone,

So I had braces for a couple of years when I was a kid, and as far as I remember my teeth were perfectly straight when the braces came off. I wore my retainer maybe once? I didn't really care at the time and didn't see the point.

Anyway over the years my front teeth have crossed over, pretty sure this has been gradually happening for about 10 years? I don't remember specifically when this happened but I have quite a bit of an overbite, and combined with overlapping front teeth it's gotten to the point where my mouth doesn't fully close when my face is relaxed and I HATE it.

I'm so self conscious of my appearance particularly when I smile or laugh and it was making me miserable, so after a few years of debating, I finally decided to take the plunge and get braces!

I found a really good Dentist (not Orthadontist) locally who has been great and talked me through the different options. She did discuss "traditional" braces on my upper and lower teeth to also correct my overbite, but to be honest this isn't something I'm bothered about anymore, I've gotten used to it and it's just how I look. I decided to go with Cfast since I don't have a particularly complex problem and I just want my front teeth to be straight.

I'm hoping once the braces come off it'll take the 'emphasis' off my overbite a bit, but we'll see. I'm just looking forward to having straight teeth after all this time.

Got the braces fitted two days go (still feel like I'll never eat or talk properly again!) and getting them adjusted every 4 weeks for 6 months. Total cost is around £1600 (I got 10% off through Denplan) and this includes a permanent fixed retainer as well as removable retainer and free teeth whitening afterwards.

Here's a current photo: https://imgur.com/gallery/8e1Hi

I'll probably try and do a monthly photo after each adjustment to show progress :)

Rebeccasmells

Re: 28 yo just got Cfast braces

#2 Post by Rebeccasmells »

I can't see a pic