Lisa from Michigan

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JIDDU17

Lisa from Michigan

#1 Post by JIDDU17 »

Well, I am 25 and just had braces put on a few days ago. I am getting married in June and my dentist says we can have them off by then. Well, they are coming off whether they are ready to or not!! I have wedding photos to be in! They hurt like hell. I seem to have more apparatus in my mouth than the average orthodontia patient. I did not have a palate expander, but I now have some sort of arch on the floor of my mouth and on the roof, which is not only tearing up my tongue and leaving permanent rings in it, they are preventing me from speaking properly. Here's the problem with speaking... I am a DJ. Oooops!! So, it has been SUPER FUN reminding the audience that the weather for Sunday is Sunny and SiXty-Seven. I am told that the speaking will get better, but I'm not so sure... I haven't talked to ANYONE who has had these ring shaped arches. They don't hit my teeth or anything, they just kind of hang out horizontally. Ironically, they are so far, the absolute BIGGEST pain-in-the-butt, affecting everything I do, they are also supposedly what is making my treatment so quick. I have now had braces for four full days and have not chewed much of anything. Thank heavens you can swallow macaroni whole. Oh well, planning on losing weight for wedding too!!

Rocco

#2 Post by Rocco »

Hi Lisa,
Welcome to the forum. I dont have that arch but like all things, I'm sure you'll get use to it. And hang in there, you'll be glad you did this.

P.S. Your speech will improve... :lol:

-Lee

Dodger(UK)

#3 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Yes welcome to the forum, Lisa. The intial stages of ortho treatment are always a shock to the system. To have all this metal in your mouth feels incredibly strange. Hopefully it won't be too long before they become part and parcel of your mouth at present. :D Just keep counting down the days till debonding. :lol:

JIDDU17

#4 Post by JIDDU17 »

Thanks for the warm welcome!!