Two debracing appointments cancelled

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pjade1

Two debracing appointments cancelled

#1 Post by pjade1 »

I am a bit disappointed in my progress towards the end of treatment. Everything appears to be lined up fine but I am always have one or two teeth that touch hard and hurt. When they fix that one, another tooth or two will start hurting . I have already had two debracing appointments cancelled. I am supposed to get my molar bands off in the back for a third time tomorrow but I think they won't do it again since I am having two more teeth that hurt. :soremouth: I had one hurting 2 weeks ago and I instantly felt relief when she adjusted my wires. I am beginning to think I will never get out of braces I have already had them on for 31-1/2 months now. If I ever get my molar bands off, they will wait 2 weeks for the gap to close up and then remove my braces.

Well, tomorrow is supposed to be the day the molar bands come off but I am doubtful again. :( I will let you all know how that goes after my appointment. They are having me go in every 2 weeks now so I know I have to be closer. My original sentence in these was 30 months so I am now overdue!
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

Vicki04

Re: Two debracing appointments cancelled

#2 Post by Vicki04 »

Congratulations on almost finishing your treatment and sorry about them postponing. I can imagine that it's a bit annoying especially when you know that you are so close to getting them off.
All the best and do let us know how it goes(holding thumbs) :thumbsup: .
1. Crowding
2. High Canines
3. Crossbite
4. Edge to edge bite
They're just kind of wonky :crazy:

pjade1

#3 Post by pjade1 »

Well, I am still waiting for that day but it's not happening this month. My orthodontist made another adjustment yesterday. She thinks that I am having extra force put on my teeth when the brunt of the force should be on the back molars. This adjustment hurts like some of the ones I had at the beginning of my treatment. I can't chew on the right side and two of my teeth are sore to the touch. I go back in two weeks, on Mar 30th to see if things are better. She really likes the alignment of my teeth and now it's just getting me where I am comfortable. I have not been comfortable in over a year though. When one thing gets corrected, it's like a domino effect and something else goes wrong.

I am hoping for better news at my next appointment.
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too

Rebeccasmells

#4 Post by Rebeccasmells »

Braces aren't like a baby, you weren't due to have them if at 30 weeks, the treatment was predicted to take around 30 months ;)

I've not heard of people going in every two weeks, must be good!

Sit tight, they will be off soon enough :)

My treatment plan was 18-24 months, it's taking 27
Months ;)

FlyByNight

#5 Post by FlyByNight »

I did the same thing. I cancelled maybe 3 debonds because I wasn't happy. Finally my ortho said there were no more changes to be made. Well I got my braces off and the only teeth that touched when I bit down were my canines :shock:. A few weeks later I went in and he grinded a few teeth to correct my bite. There were still a few molars that weren't touching. Then when I went to nighttime only retainer wear, everything started touching. I just started night time wear 2 weeks ago and my bite is getting better every day.

Twangsnap

#6 Post by Twangsnap »

I am a bit disappointed in my progress towards the end of treatment. Everything appears to be lined up fine but I am always have one or two teeth that touch hard and hurt. When they fix that one, another tooth or two will start hurting
I'm in a similar boat. I'm due for debonding on 10th May but at the last appointment on Friday, after everything was lining up very well, he "noticed" that my upper back molars were significantly lower that the other teeth and splayed outwards (I could have pointed that out a year ago but anyway). So after lots of finessing, filing molars, etc, to sort out the bite he has now put brackets on my back molars to try and get them into place 6 weeks before debonding!! I have to go in again next Friday to get a second bracket added. This is so disappointing so close to the end.

Now I have a very thick wire on the bottom and suddenly, a huge gap has re-appeared because the canines are clashing. I can't believe it, after all the fine-tuning. I suspect the 10th May session will be postponed :-+

Good luck to you, hope it starts to come together (literally!) soon.

pjade1

#7 Post by pjade1 »

FlyByNight wrote:I did the same thing. I cancelled maybe 3 debonds because I wasn't happy. Finally my ortho said there were no more changes to be made. Well I got my braces off and the only teeth that touched when I bit down were my canines :shock:. A few weeks later I went in and he grinded a few teeth to correct my bite. There were still a few molars that weren't touching. Then when I went to nighttime only retainer wear, everything started touching. I just started night time wear 2 weeks ago and my bite is getting better every day.
I am kind of getting to this point. I have gone in 3 weeks in a row for adjustments. Once because my teeth hurt so bad. She did say that we will probably never get that canine where it won't hit hard because of the way my teeth were ground off and my dentist may have to shape that one. She did an adjustment last week and now it doesn't hurt. One of my molars seems a bit high and she stepped that down. It is better and livable now. If I am lucky, I may get my molar bands off at the next appt and then 2 weeks later have my braces off. They are more or less just trying to get my bite from hurting. It's when my teeth slide over, it touches and hurts but it's doing better now. I have a feeling I may have to have some teeth shaped but overall, I am pretty much there. It's now been just over 2yrs 8 months and will be at least 2 yrs 9 mo or more to get them off. I will see what happens at my April 13th appt. It would be nice to have them off before my birthday in May.

pjade1

#8 Post by pjade1 »

Twangsnap wrote:
I am a bit disappointed in my progress towards the end of treatment. Everything appears to be lined up fine but I am always have one or two teeth that touch hard and hurt. When they fix that one, another tooth or two will start hurting
I'm in a similar boat. I'm due for debonding on 10th May but at the last appointment on Friday, after everything was lining up very well, he "noticed" that my upper back molars were significantly lower that the other teeth and splayed outwards (I could have pointed that out a year ago but anyway). So after lots of finessing, filing molars, etc, to sort out the bite he has now put brackets on my back molars to try and get them into place 6 weeks before debonding!! I have to go in again next Friday to get a second bracket added. This is so disappointing so close to the end.

Now I have a very thick wire on the bottom and suddenly, a huge gap has re-appeared because the canines are clashing. I can't believe it, after all the fine-tuning. I suspect the 10th May session will be postponed :-+

Good luck to you, hope it starts to come together (literally!) soon.
Boy, I can sympathize with you. Just when I think things are getting better, something goes off. I don't count on any debonding dates now. It's funny, they won't even give me a debonding date now. I don't think they want me to get disappointed.

I just hope that after the braces come off, I won't have any other issues.

Twangsnap

#9 Post by Twangsnap »

I just hope that after the braces come off, I won't have any other issues.
Yes, this is now my line of thinking too - the time to fix the issues is now, not after the braces are off. My bite is significantly worse now that it was a month ago...I really don't want my braces coming off until that's fixed. Problem is, do we know what normal feels like anymore :D