new member: I am an orthodontist.

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

drleonsu

new member: I am an orthodontist.

#1 Post by drleonsu »

Hi,

I am an orthodontist and I stumbled over this message board. I see a lot of people asking questions and sharing their experience about orthodontics. I couldn't help my self from registering and try to be a good resource for this group. I am a board certified orthodontist and it's my duty to help and educate the public regarding orthodontic treatment. Please let me know if this message board would welcome an orthodontist to participate. I will provide my honest and humble opinion on the subjects that I think I can be of help with.

Sincerely,

Leon Su, DDS, MDS

bbsadmin

Re: new member: I am an orthodontist.

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Welcome, Dr. Su! I see that you have a practice in Westchester County, New York. We appreciate your willingness to answer questions and provide a professional opinion to this message board!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

drleonsu

#3 Post by drleonsu »

Hi,

I actually practice in the New York and New Jersey area. Let me give you my background. I grew up in Orange County, CA, and my parents and siblings are there. I went to New York University for my dental degree and got my orthodontic specialty in New Jersey. I met my wife in the New York City and we currently reside in Bergen County, New Jersey with our baby. I practice at 3 locations, Kearny and Newfoundland New Jersey, and Rye, New York.

I'm curious about what source is saying that I practice in Orange County. Can you tell me so I can correct it? Thanks.

Bracingfor33

#4 Post by Bracingfor33 »

I just had my braces put on and I am more than sure your expertise would be much appreciated here!
I thank you for offering your knowledge!!!

FlowerPower

#5 Post by FlowerPower »

Maybe you could make a master thread where you answer user questions. If you go to the main forum you will see a bunch of questions from braced newbies, myself included. It would be nice to hear from a trained professional.

drleonsu

#6 Post by drleonsu »

Sure. Do I just start a new topic and if it goes well the admin will make it sticky?

Rebeccasmells

#7 Post by Rebeccasmells »

I can see this going Pete Tong

BlondeCam

#8 Post by BlondeCam »

How nice! Thanks for joining. I've found this forum to be extremely informative. A Ortho on board will be excellent.

bretthov

#9 Post by bretthov »

great to have you on the board - as someone getting ready to start the braces experience as an adult, like having you as a resource. This is so new to me and a bit overwhelming to digest everything.

Juliebrynn1

#10 Post by Juliebrynn1 »

So wonderful to have you on board here. I just got braces as an adult at 43, and need all the help I can get. Please let me know where to post questions. I have so many of them!

bbsadmin

#11 Post by bbsadmin »

drleonsu wrote:Sure. Do I just start a new topic and if it goes well the admin will make it sticky?

Sure, just PM me if you want a topic to be made into a sticky!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!