Introduction - Ceramic Braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kmmulligan

Introduction - Ceramic Braces

#1 Post by Kmmulligan »

good afternoon!

I am just introducing myself as a new user to arch wired and new to braces as well! I got my ceramic braces, only on the top, last Wednesday, March 1st. Today is officially a week in braces! I haven't seen any movement yet, which gets me a little down because I read a lot of people see movement in the first week. I know everyone is different though..

My first was OK! I didn't have much pain at all and am semi-used to having all of this stuff in my mouth now. The biggest issue for me is my self confidence with the braces on. I'm extremely self conscious with them on since I am almost 30, and keep dreading social events. Hoping this phase is over soon... I sort of doubt it though!

I am lucky to have minor issues so I will probably only have these on for about 5 months, which everyone keeps telling me will "fly by". So far, it's been dragging though!! :P

BlondeCam

Re: Introduction - Ceramic Braces

#2 Post by BlondeCam »

Hi!!! Like you, ive been in my braces for almost a week and don't see any changes. I feel like my bottoms have straightened out a bit but not sure! Accidentally deleted my bottom before pics! (Needed space for more pics on the ol iPhone) Seems like I have a tiny wire with not much force to start, which is ok.
Getting used to them is sorta awkward but I really think we care much more than anyone else. I'll be keeping up with your story since we started at the same time. Good luck :D

Kmmulligan

#3 Post by Kmmulligan »

Thank you!! This website is helping me stay positive.. I'll post a before and after once I see my first change/progress.
I agree - we probably care much more than anyone else.
Thanks for the reply! :)

BlondeCam

#4 Post by BlondeCam »

This site DEF has kept me excited and positive. There are many more adults in braces for the first or second time than I imagined. Really cool!

Twangsnap

#5 Post by Twangsnap »

I'm extremely self conscious with them on since I am almost 30, and keep dreading social events. Hoping this phase is over soon... I sort of doubt it though!
I guess everyone is different in how they handle braces as an adult. I'm 42 and I've found having braces really hard but I also realise that 99% of it is in my head. The ceramics are really quite discreet and people genuinely don't notice that much, and even when they do, they really don't care.

Also, and this is the best bit, my smile is so much more fabulous now even with brackets than it ever was before. I never felt self-conscious of my smile before braces, even though I was definitely conscious of having really wonky teeth, but now I BEAM :tingrin: :tingrin: My smile has widened to the point where it sometimes kind of hurts my face muscles :roll:

Embrace it, rock it, don't be self-conscious, you'll see change real soon and it will all be worth it.

Kmmulligan

#6 Post by Kmmulligan »

Thanks so much, Twangsnap!! Things are getting easier and I think I saw my first progress in pictures I took this week, so that's always helpful!

redclaygirl

#7 Post by redclaygirl »

Hi! I am new as well and getting my braces on today - I'm pretty nervous. The plan is ceramic on top and damon metal on the bottom. In a way I can't believe I am doing this because I'm already a bit self-concious and an introvert but I'm imagining this will be a growing exeperience!