Braces being fitted this week

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ARB

Braces being fitted this week

#1 Post by ARB »

This is a quick introduction so that I don't get thrown off :D . I'm having braces fitted for the first time this week at the age of 49! Top braces are being fitted initially with bottom braces following on a few months later. Very nervous and reading the forums I'm worried about being hungry. Sounds like I will be eating lots of soup and mash potato. Does anyone have any ideas for snacks as it sounds like biscuits and cake will be out of the question for the first few weeks?

godutch

Re: Braces being fitted this week

#2 Post by godutch »

ARB wrote:This is a quick introduction so that I don't get thrown off :D . I'm having braces fitted for the first time this week at the age of 49! Top braces are being fitted initially with bottom braces following on a few months later. Very nervous and reading the forums I'm worried about being hungry. Sounds like I will be eating lots of soup and mash potato. Does anyone have any ideas for snacks as it sounds like biscuits and cake will be out of the question for the first few weeks?
If you are not getting lowers eating should be pretty much okay, avoid hard, sticky and fibery stuff (beans wirh skin, corn, asparagus, cured ham etc) though, learn how to use a knife instead of biting off. (most of that is just a pain to clean, the hard stuff can break off brackets or dislodge the archwire from the tube but that mostly happens in the lower jaw only)

Good luck on your journey

ARB

Re: Braces being fitted this week

#3 Post by ARB »

Thanks for advice on what food to avoid. Good to know that I shouldn't have too much of a problem until I get lower braces fitted.

Thank you!