Hello and OMG elastics are to be despised

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SinkFullOfDinner

Re: Hello and OMG elastics are to be despised

#16 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Oh guess what - I just saw yesterday two large gaps have appeared - one between my upper canine and premolar and same on the lower. How does that even happen at this stage.
smh. How unexpected, given how things have gone sooooo according to plan for you the last couple months [not]! You've probably reached the point where you noticed the new gaps and just thought to yourself, "of course that happened." Looks like you get the extra special rollercoaster finish instead of the boring soft landing finish. I'm sure you're excited about that. :roll:

So, are you scheduled to see your ortho between now and the May target de-bracing date so he has a chance to address the new surprises, or are you thinking that's not going to happen at this point?

Also, I find it bordering on hilarious that you think the same guy that was refusing to address your concerns about dark triangles was, however, concerned about you managing a baguette with your elastics! How considerate! How French!
What's your new elastic configuration? I'm curious now!
Not sure if the config has a catchy name like triangle, or box, or class II. It just goes from your upper canine straight down, around a post, and then back to your lower molar. Like an "L" that fell down and can't get up. It makes you look like a vampire, but it's Easter, so it's not even season-appropriate. The bigger hassle is that by the time the shorter, heavier elastic makes that longer trip down and all the way to the back, it's flippin' tight!

Twangsnap

#17 Post by Twangsnap »

Well only 24 agonising hours of wait left to find out if my teeth make the grade. I want to see a pliers in my orthodonist's paws tomorrow or I'll be rifling through the toolbox myself. I think I'm right on the limit - I've got double elastics on now and the bite is *just* about right, the molars are *just* about touching (with an amount of effort and more on one side than the other but let's not quibble) and the gaps are *just* about closing up. I guess the risk of taking off the braces now is that all the last minute movement just undoes itself at the first opportunity. So I don't know what to expect now. I daren't hope and yet...ARGH!!

Watch this space.

KellyGreen

#18 Post by KellyGreen »

I'm getting elastics next time I go in. Yikes!

At least it's for the better, right?!

Beckett

#19 Post by Beckett »

KellyGreen wrote:I'm getting elastics next time I go in. Yikes!

At least it's for the better, right?!
I've gotten so used to having elastics (since my first adjustment at 7 weeks into treatment) that my teeth actually feel sore and out of place if I leave them our for too long. I had to leave my new triangle configuration out last night to wear wax on 6 lowers to let some creases and snagged cheeks heal, and by morning everything just felt wrong. Took until the afternoon after putting them back on before they started feeling better. The new configuration helps my very back molars not clash before the rest of my teeth. That was drivng me batty.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

str8k8

#20 Post by str8k8 »

Nooo I'm dreading my elastics day!! I'll definitely be on here for a good ol' moan! :?

It's good to see that before long you get used to them and actually feel more comfortable with them than without!