Crooked teeth for 26 years

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

laulafayette

Crooked teeth for 26 years

#1 Post by laulafayette »

Hi everyone. I am new here and I am very happy to finally be able to face my fear of having my crooked teeth fixed! Just had my braces 5 days ago and I'm looking forward to my new smile after the treatment. I am still nervous and have anxieties..like what if my teeth doesn't move as how it is supposed to be?..etc..
Anyways I'll keep you all updated. So far, it's the first time I was able to bite using my front teeth without feeling hurt too much! :)

puckloo

Re: Crooked teeth for 26 years

#2 Post by puckloo »

Hi, same here... very crooked front teeth and others were drifting to where they were getting crooked (bottoms) where years ago, they were not. I also don't have much to refer to, as to what is 'normal' and if the progress is OK. I just cross fingers and hope - and assume my ortho knows what he is doing. I am old (63) but told that age has no effect on tooth movement. Very much hoping that's true!!

SingleJawMelb

#3 Post by SingleJawMelb »

laulafayette wrote:Hi everyone. I am new here and I am very happy to finally be able to face my fear of having my crooked teeth fixed! Just had my braces 5 days ago and I'm looking forward to my new smile after the treatment. I am still nervous and have anxieties..like what if my teeth doesn't move as how it is supposed to be?..etc..
Anyways I'll keep you all updated. So far, it's the first time I was able to bite using my front teeth without feeling hurt too much! :)
Your ortho has full control of movement of your teeth. He's done the process many times before, its biology/science. Relax.

laulafayette

#4 Post by laulafayette »

puckloo wrote:Hi, same here... very crooked front teeth and others were drifting to where they were getting crooked (bottoms) where years ago, they were not. I also don't have much to refer to, as to what is 'normal' and if the progress is OK. I just cross fingers and hope - and assume my ortho knows what he is doing. I am old (63) but told that age has no effect on tooth movement. Very much hoping that's true!!
hi puckloo! How long have you been on braces now and have you seen any movement already? :D

laulafayette

#5 Post by laulafayette »

Thanks SingleJawMelb!
I've been trying too and I stopped being crazy looking into my teeth a few times a day. :wink:
I'm just excited to see how this will go, really :D

SingleJawMelb

#6 Post by SingleJawMelb »

laulafayette wrote:Thanks SingleJawMelb!
I've been trying too and I stopped being crazy looking into my teeth a few times a day. :wink:
I'm just excited to see how this will go, really :D
I've got anxiety of them coming of :cry:

puckloo

#7 Post by puckloo »

laulafayette wrote:
puckloo wrote:Hi, same here... very crooked front teeth and others were drifting to where they were getting crooked (bottoms) where years ago, they were not. I also don't have much to refer to, as to what is 'normal' and if the progress is OK. I just cross fingers and hope - and assume my ortho knows what he is doing. I am old (63) but told that age has no effect on tooth movement. Very much hoping that's true!!
hi puckloo! How long have you been on braces now and have you seen any movement already? :D
Hiya! I got braced 2.5 months ago. So far, they've done no adjustments, so I am hoping next visit (November 21), they actually DO something. I don't see much progress, but I think my front teeth are moving a wee bit. It seems the front incisors are facing forward more... the left one was turned almost sideways, and it's not so much now. I have learned that I can't read about other folks who say they had lots of movement in the first couple of days (I didn't) and that everyone is different. But I am competitive, so I am hoping for more progress soon!

aussietrumpeter

#8 Post by aussietrumpeter »

Hi, I have just gotten my braces on too !
The first two days were the hardest... I felt so self-conscious. But my teeth have always been crooked and I can't wait to see the end result. It will be worth it !

znkbraces

#9 Post by znkbraces »

I'm around your age and am getting some on too.
Good luck!