Lips protruding

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracedGem

Lips protruding

#1 Post by BracedGem »

..anyone else have their lip protruding now that they have braces? As time went on and your bite was corrected...did it go back to normal?

miluti

Re: Lips protruding

#2 Post by miluti »

Get mine on tomorrow - I'll let you know. ;) I'm worried I'll look ridiculous because I have pretty full lips to begin with, but - we'll see what happens. :P

BracedGem

#3 Post by BracedGem »

:D yes please let me know. I had braces in high school but I don't remember my lips protruding as much

Beckett

#4 Post by Beckett »

In a way, yes. Because you have stuff stuck to your teeth, your lips can't rest against them in quite the same way, so they look fuller, or like they are sticking out a bit. Unless they are also pulling your teeth forward, or altering your bite so much that everyone is in a new position, your lips should go back to pretty much normal after braces are removed.

I doubt other people notice it as much as we notice it on ourselves.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

BracedGem

#5 Post by BracedGem »

Thank you beckett. That makes plenty of sense. I just keep staring at my mouth and teeth waiting for any sign of change, therefore I notice every slight change!

miluti

#6 Post by miluti »

BracedGem wrote::D yes please let me know. I had braces in high school but I don't remember my lips protruding as much
My lips don't seem to stick out much, but my usual photo/selfie smile is no longer! I usually take photos with my lips closed but now it just looks WEIRD... I'm having a hard time getting used to my face when I smile with teeth exposed. Definitely taking a hit in the self-confidence area, but not in the way you'd assume!! Hahaha

- TL canine pulled approx 1998 (childhood)
- BL canine pulled Dec 2004 (adolescent)
- 4 impacted WT pulled Dec 2004 (adolescent)
- Braced (damon, top and bottom) Sep 2016
- BR canine pulled Feb 2017
- TMJ issues Mar 2017
- TR canine pulled Jun 2017
- TR extraction gap FINALLY closed July 2018
- Set to debond on Sept 21, 2018! :jump:

BracedGem

#7 Post by BracedGem »

:D welcome to the braced club. I know what tou mean lool. I feel like the wires draw morewith attention to my gap and huge front teeth so I don't smile

AngieKim2507

#8 Post by AngieKim2507 »

I have been worried about the next Prom for three days. I don't know how to make myself more attractive because that is the last prom in my student life. Beside the beautiful cloths, I want to be more charm with my face,my lip. I need help to have my lips healthy, so I can choose any colorful lipstick fit my gel polish I have ever bought :)).
https://topgelpolish.com/nail-supply/al ... gel-gloss/

HarryO

#9 Post by HarryO »

Noticing this as initial wires widen my arch. Beginning to feel the brackets hitting back of my lips.......no pain but just a bit annoying, almost claustrophobic feeling at times.

miluti

#10 Post by miluti »

HarryO wrote:Noticing this as initial wires widen my arch. Beginning to feel the brackets hitting back of my lips.......no pain but just a bit annoying, almost claustrophobic feeling at times.
I used to feel SO claustrophobic when I first had them! It does get better - I promise you. I rarely notice them now, actually; they just become part of you after a certain point. :BigTeethGrin:

- TL canine pulled approx 1998 (childhood)
- BL canine pulled Dec 2004 (adolescent)
- 4 impacted WT pulled Dec 2004 (adolescent)
- Braced (damon, top and bottom) Sep 2016
- BR canine pulled Feb 2017
- TMJ issues Mar 2017
- TR canine pulled Jun 2017
- TR extraction gap FINALLY closed July 2018
- Set to debond on Sept 21, 2018! :jump:

vanagloria

#11 Post by vanagloria »

Yeah, I look like I'm pouting all the time. It's exacerbating my natural "resting sad face."

Also, I can't smile with my lips shut anymore, either, but my open-mouthed smile doesn't look like me. Takes some getting used to.

metalmouthmama

#12 Post by metalmouthmama »

Yes, the pouty face! I really started noticing this when I got my bottom braces on. My husband jokingly said that I look like I've had lip injections :lol:

Nami

#13 Post by Nami »

I just got mine on yesterday and I feel like my lips now have an even harder time closing...

Feb 9th, 2018: top 6 teeth braced || Feb 15th, 2018: extractions ||
March 5th, 2018: all braces on!

JPG1081

#14 Post by JPG1081 »

I could never completely close mine with braces on, not noticeably though.

I was worried that my top lip would have stretched and got longer due to it's efforts to meet the bottom one (I only had brackets on the top).

I'm pleased to report that I got my braces off today and just checked in the mirror and my lip looks normal! No extra hanging parts.

Also, don't be afraid to smile properly with your mouth on view. I thought I'd be self-conscious but actually it was the reverse. People can clearly see that you're doing something about it, whatever you needed to fix, and are really supportive. I smiled an awful lot even with stained power chains etc. Definitely more than I did pre-braces!

quickredfox

#15 Post by quickredfox »

[quote=JPG1081 post_id=501241 time=1522408100 user_id=31638]
I could never completely close mine with braces on, not noticeably though.

I was worried that my top lip would have stretched and got longer due to it's efforts to meet the bottom one (I only had brackets on the top).

I'm pleased to report that I got my braces off today and just checked in the mirror and my lip looks normal! No extra hanging parts.

Also, don't be afraid to smile properly with your mouth on view. I thought I'd be self-conscious but actually it was the reverse. People can clearly see that you're doing something about it, whatever you needed to fix, and are really supportive. I smiled an awful lot even with stained power chains etc. Definitely more than I did pre-braces!
[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean :(

Feels weird I am now actively deciding between smiling and laughing, especially around people I've just met. However, showing teeth while laughing looks more natural than hiding them.