Getting braced in Colombia

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tree84

Getting braced in Colombia

#1 Post by Tree84 »

Hi all, i'll be getting braces on for the first time at the age of 31 on Monday. I've wanted to fix my teeth for as long as I can remember, but the cost or my travel plans have always gotten in the way. I'm currently in Colombia where i'll be working for the next year and decided to finally bite the bullet! The low cost and the fact that just about EVERYONE has braces down here has pushed me over edge. I think half my students and at least 2 or 3 other teachers at my school are currently wearing them so I won't feel too lonely.

Looking forward to that colgate smile!

Tree84

Re: Getting braced in Colombia

#2 Post by Tree84 »

Well i've had them on for 4 weeks as of today so its time for some progress pics. It doesn't really feel like there's been too much movement but when I looked at the pictures I was pleasantly surprised! the wonky front 4 teeth have started straightening and the wire isn't all over the place like it was when I started. I had my first adjustment last week and the ortho moved me up to a "14" sized wire. He also started me on elastics which I must admit i'm not too fond of!
16-08-22_3607.jpg
16-09-19_3758.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tree84

#3 Post by Tree84 »

Side view
16-08-22_3610.jpg
16-09-19_3761.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tree84

#4 Post by Tree84 »

Little update just shy of 4 months. Had another appointment today where he changed me from .016 round wires to .014x25 rectangular. Best news is i'm also off elastics for the next month! Just in time for my trip up to the Caribbean coast :jump: My elastics so far have been at the front to close the bite & i'm hoping in January we'll start working on the overjet. Excuse the yellow teeth!

Beckett

#5 Post by Beckett »

That's fantastic progress in such a short time! Even the first two pictures, wow!
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

Tree84

#6 Post by Tree84 »

6 month update!

atrixa

#7 Post by atrixa »

Those are looking great!
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

cocomacd

#8 Post by cocomacd »

Wow, coming right along! I have the same brackets!
Journey Begins December 6, 2016
First time, Self ligating brackets
Age 38

Sentence: 12-18 months