Joining the Club

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iceskate0816

Joining the Club

#1 Post by iceskate0816 »

Hey! I just got my top braces on Wednesday (6/1/16) after a failed invaslign. I was just not able to keep them in as I've been sick and it just didn't work for me. To those that make them work, koodoos to you! I don't really have a timeline on anything, but they told me twoish years with the invsialign so I'm assuming its about the same. They put clear brackets on top and are planning on using metal on bottom as my overbite prevents the clear on bottom. As my username may tell you, I love to figure skate. I compete in small competition near me.

blackwidow

Re: Joining the Club

#2 Post by blackwidow »

Hi! Sorry to hear about the invisalign. Good luck with your new braces!

emily0709

#3 Post by emily0709 »

Welcome!

I was approved for Invisalign, but in the end decided to go with plain metal brackets. I just knew I would leave them out longer than I was supposed to and taking them out each time I drank anything other than water worried me. I would lose them, I just knew it. So I figured if they glue the suckers to my teeth ... no excuses! No regrets (yet)

HummerMan3

#4 Post by HummerMan3 »

Looking forward to your progress. My orthodontist did state that Invisalign is an option for me, but I opted for the traditional braces as I was concerned about achieving the degree of compliance necessary to have satisfying results with Invisalign.

loridee76

#5 Post by loridee76 »

I had thought about doing Invisalign , but I too felt it's too easy to take themy out. Then I wasted money. Plus they were 2000 more than my braces.

I got my upper brackets on Tuesday. Our dates are 1 day apart :)

The journey has begun!
Lori :)