Good restaurants for braced peeps

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Beckett

Good restaurants for braced peeps

#1 Post by Beckett »

I already know Olive Garden is a success with braces, but what are some other good options? One of our favorites, Texas Roadhouse, is out because really? Steak with braces and molars that don't connect? Not happening. I don't like Mexican food, and Chinese is out because I've heard rice is a nightmare, and our other favorites (orange and teriyaki chicken) would also be difficult... So, where to go on a date with the husband for a special occasion?

I'm in the states, for reference.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

EWUgal15

Re: Good restaurants for braced peeps

#2 Post by EWUgal15 »

I never let braces get between me and a steak for very long...would I eat steak right after an adjustment? Definitely not. But a week after? No problem. And rice doesn't much scare me either. Sure, it gets in everywhere but it also comes out pretty quick too.

Breakfast joints are always good...lots of soft stuff and pretty easy to avoid things that get stuck easily. We (my boyfriend and I) go for liege waffles and ice cream all the time for breakfast.
Mongolian BBQ places are pretty good too. Thin sliced meats, noodles and you can pick around the obnoxious veggies (broccoli). You can always hit up a Pho joint...Vietnamese noodle soup...or, if you're lucky enough to have a Japanese ramen house that could be cool. There's always good old fashioned buffets too. They always seem to have a bit of everything and a lot of it is braces friendly.

Sometimes it takes a lot of digging through Yelp to find food joints but I've found that the local business do much can better at catering to braces folk than chain restaurants. Just have to know the food where you are!

emily0709

#3 Post by emily0709 »

Do you like sushi? Sushi works for me, I have not had issues with rice. I think I have had veggie fried rice 3 times in the past month. Anything Italian.

I only eat fish (no land animals) so Italian is a go-to for me a lot. Eggplant parm is easy. Baked ziti. I would totally think you could do Chinese, though. Rice comes right out. :lol:

TheProfessor

#4 Post by TheProfessor »

I'm not sure where you are located in the US, but in my neck of the woods BBQ places are a big thing and very braces-friendly. Pulled pork, potato salad, baked potatoes, and baked beans are all pretty easy to eat with sore teeth and don't require much chewing...

Good luck!
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

littlething

#5 Post by littlething »

emily0709 wrote:Do you like sushi? Sushi works for me, I have not had issues with rice. I think I have had veggie fried rice 3 times in the past month. Anything Italian.

I only eat fish (no land animals) so Italian is a go-to for me a lot. Eggplant parm is easy. Baked ziti. I would totally think you could do Chinese, though. Rice comes right out. :lol:
That's funny, because for me, sushi has been difficult! I can't seem to bite into it, and then the rice gets EVERYWHERE. I still eat plenty of rice, though. You are right that even if it gets everywhere, it is super easy to get out! :lol:

Also second the Italian!

carrieann

#6 Post by carrieann »

TheProfessor wrote:I'm not sure where you are located in the US, but in my neck of the woods BBQ places are a big thing and very braces-friendly. Pulled pork, potato salad, baked potatoes, and baked beans are all pretty easy to eat with sore teeth and don't require much chewing...

Good luck!
Yes and mac n cheese! 22 days, how excited are you?!

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

emily0709

#7 Post by emily0709 »

littlething wrote:
emily0709 wrote:Do you like sushi? Sushi works for me, I have not had issues with rice. I think I have had veggie fried rice 3 times in the past month. Anything Italian.

That's funny, because for me, sushi has been difficult! I can't seem to bite into it, and then the rice gets EVERYWHERE. I still eat plenty of rice, though. You are right that even if it gets everywhere, it is super easy to get out! :lol:

Also second the Italian!

I just shove the whole piece in at once. I have no manners. :mrgreen:

TheProfessor

#8 Post by TheProfessor »

carrieann wrote:
TheProfessor wrote:I'm not sure where you are located in the US, but in my neck of the woods BBQ places are a big thing and very braces-friendly. Pulled pork, potato salad, baked potatoes, and baked beans are all pretty easy to eat with sore teeth and don't require much chewing...

Good luck!
Yes and mac n cheese! 22 days, how excited are you?!
I'm very excited to not have to think about "braces friendly" food anymore!!!!
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

thegolfer86

#9 Post by thegolfer86 »

Ahh, being a grown man who likes Texas Roadhouse as well I'm definitely not looking forward to finding "braces friendly" food haha. Definitely going to bookmark this thread!

carrieann

#10 Post by carrieann »

Thankfully I love Mexican food and it is pretty much braces friendly. I have to eat tacos with a fork but that's ok. At home I find I mostly eat whole grain or wheat tortillas and guac with some hot green chilie. Almost every day. Wholly guacamole is yummy.

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower