So I got braces...

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Len

So I got braces...

#1 Post by Len »

I got braces earlier today, It's been 6 hours and I'm eating pretty much what I normally eat but in bite-sizes. I'm obviously gonna ditch hard food that can break my brackets, but what I mean is that I'm chewing normally and the only thing I felt bad about was the fact that I spent Half an hour brushing my teeth after, but I just ate some nuggets with pasta and I'm bitting fine.
I expected this to be a horror story, as the rubberbands hurt me so bad and so did the molar bands when I got them a week ago. Right now, this isn't really that bad and the orthodontist told me I could eat whatever I can so I did because I was so hungry. My teeth feel really sore but nothing that would keep me from eating.
The process took 30 minutes, as the bands were already there for a week and I only got the top braces. I'll have to wait like 2 more months and extract two wisdom teeth in order to get my bottom brackets.
I was very pleased when I saw them myself, I thought braces would make me look like I'm 14 again and they do, not in an immature way, but in a sweet way
Ok so the reason I did this post was the fact that so many people (like me) get scared about the pain after putting the braces and well for now I can say it's not worse than rubber bands between the molars. Plus I was so excited to try my new proxy brush and floss (my former floss left too many debrees so i couldn't use it on braces.
For my dear forum friends who still don't have their braces on, please remember to always take some medicine, it does make a difference, It took me a week to heal my mouth sores when I put the molar bands on and then I took ibuprofen and they got healed within two days, I feel no pain at all and I just took a 500mg pill when I went inside the clinic for braces.

emily0709

Re: So I got braces...

#2 Post by emily0709 »

How are you feeling today?

44yobraceface

#3 Post by 44yobraceface »

Thanks for the words of advice Len, I'm getting mine in a month and so i'm soaking up all these tips and the first hand experiences on this board :thumbsup:
How are you feeling now? What floss are you using?

MummaFish48

#4 Post by MummaFish48 »

Hey Len...
How is it going....mine go on in 2 weeks... :shock:
Like many others I trawl this site and forum for tips/advice and to read about other's experience!
Hope you are doing OK and adjusting...
:D
The end result will be worth it...

Len

#5 Post by Len »

emily0709 wrote:How are you feeling today?
Sorry for the late answer but I was rather fine. I ate normal food since then an I'm having no problem. The only thing (and it sounds funny but it's a pain) that is bothering me is when I'm sleeping the roof of my mouth itches. It's so irritating.

Len

#6 Post by Len »

44yobraceface wrote:Thanks for the words of advice Len, I'm getting mine in a month and so i'm soaking up all these tips and the first hand experiences on this board :thumbsup:
How are you feeling now? What floss are you using?
I'm using Colgate total Mint floss. I'm not using any of those hooks or anything because My orthodontist didn't give one to me and I can't spend that money right now, flossing is so simple anyways you just need to have some practise with needles lol.
I'm feeling fine, nothing in my life changed except now I want to eat things I'm not supposed to and never craved before which is...weird?

Len

#7 Post by Len »

MummaFish48 wrote:Hey Len...
How is it going....mine go on in 2 weeks... :shock:
Like many others I trawl this site and forum for tips/advice and to read about other's experience!
Hope you are doing OK and adjusting...
:D
The end result will be worth it...
Thank you! Just be prepared because in the first days you'll have this irrational fear of braking a bracked as if they're glued with paper glue or somethign.