Braces Newbie

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jamiegonzales56

Braces Newbie

#1 Post by jamiegonzales56 »

Hi all! I'm a 37 year old Children's Librarian from Texas, and I'm on day 10 of metal braces (upper and lower). I'm obsessed with finding out all sorts of tips and tricks to making this lil journey a smooth one, and I am so glad that I found this message board!!

--Jamie G.

kbh75

Re: Braces Newbie

#2 Post by kbh75 »

I hope the first month or so has gone well for you! Still surviving on smoothies? I go Monday to get Damons.

sheilas

#3 Post by sheilas »

I am on Day 21 myself. The first few days were hard. Molars don't mean to be able to chew properly. Workaround is my collection of soups. Fish is the best food to eat. Lentil soups are a must, as they contain the protein you need. I am now able to eat normal food (with careful chewing of course). Trick is to put small pieces at the back of your mouth and chew slowly. It's something I have to keep adapting to as when I am hungry (I am hungry like all the time now!), I tend to take big pieces in my mouth! I still blend fruit in my NutriBullet as I don't have the patience to cut them up in small pieces!

ThoriatedFlash

#4 Post by ThoriatedFlash »

I just had mine put on 5 days ago. I am still in the awkward phase. It feels very weird to eat and it's kinda hard to talk properly. I hope I get used to it soon.

Fairy

#5 Post by Fairy »

Hi have you adjusted well? I dont haven know where to place my lip against the brackets when i smile!