Braces in Bristol

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Emmtee

Braces in Bristol

#1 Post by Emmtee »

Hi everyone!

I got my braces fitted yesterday :jump: I'm 34 and have put this off for a loooong time. I hate having things in my mouth! Feels very alien and strange right now and I can't imagine ever wanting to eat. My upper teeth are awful, so crowded, so I'm excited about hopefully being proud of my smile one day. I don't care if it's not perfect, better and normal will be fine!

Prometheus

Re: Braces in Bristol

#2 Post by Prometheus »

Hi Emmtee, Congrats on crossing the first and biggest hurdle. In my very limited experience, 3.5 weeks to be exact, you get used to the weird feeling and soon forget they are there. Eating is still quite the experience, but I find I am also beginning to get somewhat used to that as well. I did, and still do believe it is well worth the effort. I have TMJ pain that is excruciating and am looking forward to the day that is gone. The only solution was a couple of years in braces. At 58 y.o., it was a tough decision, but the pain was a very strong motivator!
Lower braces on March 11, 2015, upper braces added July 14, 2015.
Damon, metal bottom / clear top.
Braces off March 26, 2018: Total time in braces: 3 years, 2 weeks and 1 day.
Hawley retainers top and bottom.

aspiromusings

#3 Post by aspiromusings »

33 and just got mine in 2 weeks ago so I know exactly what you mean

My upper are crowded like yours and I need to have 2 premolars extracted in a few weeks to make space for the top teeth to go back and correct my overbite

I guess I just keep thinking of how awesome the final result will be - it keeps me going =)
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

Emmtee

#4 Post by Emmtee »

Thanks, Prometheus :)

Just ahead of me then, aspiromusings!

Day four now and I'm not enjoying this much. Losing weight is a bonus, but soup isn't looking too attractive. I had leek and potato soup last night and although it was smooth, the shreds of leek got caught in my brackets almost instantly. Horrible feeling, couldn't finish the bowl! Brushing is also difficult, the vibrations huuuurt. But as you say, the final result will be worth all of this :D

aspiromusings

#5 Post by aspiromusings »

Emmtee wrote:Thanks, Prometheus :)

Just ahead of me then, aspiromusings!

Day four now and I'm not enjoying this much. Losing weight is a bonus, but soup isn't looking too attractive. I had leek and potato soup last night and although it was smooth, the shreds of leek got caught in my brackets almost instantly. Horrible feeling, couldn't finish the bowl! Brushing is also difficult, the vibrations huuuurt. But as you say, the final result will be worth all of this :D
In about a week it gets better! I can now eat most things (no steak or burgers tho.... damn it), and I can't live without my P_n_s_ni_c water flosser, its make cleaning almost a breeze! I only physically floss once at night before bed

And yes I feel ya, my sonic toothbrush vibrations hurt occasionally, it gets better i Promise!

Emmtee

#6 Post by Emmtee »

I'll hold on :D

I got a water flosser too, that feels soooo nice on my gums. Using it 2-3 times a day at the moment. Really glad I'm off work for a few days!

aspiromusings

#7 Post by aspiromusings »

Emmtee wrote:I'll hold on :D

I got a water flosser too, that feels soooo nice on my gums. Using it 2-3 times a day at the moment. Really glad I'm off work for a few days!
I went straight to work the day after being braced, I think technology has really come a far way because I haven't really felt any pain (yet) only some tightness and sensitivity which i take to mean the braces are working lol

And I feel my mouth is cleaner with the usage of a waterflosser too!even cleaner than when i used to just floss :-* :mrgreen: