Braces at 36...2nd time around

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LesleyJ

Braces at 36...2nd time around

#1 Post by LesleyJ »

Hello everyone,

A couple weeks ago I went to the orthodontist to get fitted for a top retainer (lost it a couple years ago...oops) and to my absolute surprise the ortho said he wanted to put brackets on my top teeth due to some shifting. I was speechless! Took some time to process and now have an appointment scheduled in 4 days to get them put on. He said that I would only need them for 3-4 months. I inquired about Invisalign but due to my situation he said that they would not work the best or achieve the same results as metal or ceramic brackets. So I have decided to get the ceramic brackets. I spent 22 months in metal braces when I was 12-13 years old. I cannot believe I am embarking on this ortho journey again but so glad to know that I am not alone! :tingrin:

Ridingboots

Re: Braces at 36...2nd time around

#2 Post by Ridingboots »

At least you not in braces for a longtime :BigTeethGrin: good luck with your braces hope it all goes well.

Schedule
Braces Installed 23 Oct 2014
Adjustment - 18 Dec 14, 19 Feb 15, 7 Apr
5 Mar 15 Palate installed
Somewhere in the Future- Double Jaw Surgery

bdave2

#3 Post by bdave2 »

Good luck with braces, hope it will be fastest possible!

LesleyJ

#4 Post by LesleyJ »

Thank you for the messages! I will update after they are on and yes hoping it is as fast as the ortho said it would be! I guess we will see! :)

Melissa0131

#5 Post by Melissa0131 »

Good luck! :)