I can't believe I am doing this.

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

carzfrm60s

Re: I can't believe I am doing this.

#16 Post by carzfrm60s »

I go back to ortho Tuesday. I think/hope my midline is getting better. Been almost 2 months since "we"
started with rubber bands, about 18 months since I started treatment. Funny but time has gone quickly
and I'm not stressed about when they come off, but this time I want them as perfect as possible. So I guess
I'll see what "we" need to do Tuesday. ( Don't you just love when ortho says now "we"?)

carzfrm60s

#17 Post by carzfrm60s »

Okay, apparently the previous elastic was just to get things moving. Had to leave it in 24/7, even when eating.
No more of that elastic. YAY, or so I thought! Sooo, now I have an elastic on front, from top right second tooth
to bottom left second tooth. NOT YAY! Also 24/7 except when eating, this was a very important statement, which
I soon found out. It will definitely take some getting used to, very strange to have it there. Went to eat some chips
and forgot it was there, smashed chip all over! Tossed in a couple of Tylenol and one flew out! Oh well! At least
"we" are making progress.

SinkFullOfDinner

#18 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Huge bummer about the new elastic configuration. Now I feel completely silly for being self-conscious about how visible the new vertical configuration off my canine is. I can totally relate to your chip epiphany. I forgot about mine when some tasty nachos arrived and - boing! - ACCESS DENIED. Now that makes a mess.

carzfrm60s

#19 Post by carzfrm60s »

So I went for a cleaning and they found a crack in one of my rear bottom crowns. Today I go to get it fixed,
which I'm sure means a new one. :(

carzfrm60s

#20 Post by carzfrm60s »

Just back from Ortho. Much heavier wire on top, bottom the same and still
have elastic across front for midline. Finally asked about timeline, Possibly
December for debracing, yay! but, theres always a but, it will deoend on
centerline movement, not moving as fast as he thought, no shock there tho.
Said "we" need to make sure "we" wear the elastic religiously. What am I 12?
Anyway looks like I'm getting closer to end and hopefully (pretty sure) last time.
Bigger wire on top I can already feel,

carzfrm60s

#21 Post by carzfrm60s »

Well another appointment in the books. Looks like braces not coming off in December
since my next appt. is January 5th! Still waiting on midline to cooperate, but getting
closer, and unbeknowst to me I still have a gap on one side in front of first molar. Oh
well, I am not in any hurry and I want them right this time. Ortho did do a little
smoothing and finishing on several front teeth. So I guess "we" wait!

SinkFullOfDinner

#22 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

I recalled your earlier post about an elastic to move your midline over. How far did it have to move, and how long did it take (if it's even done)? I know speed is a bit different for everyone, but I'm just trying to get an idea that's more helpful than the ortho classic "well, it can take awhile sometimes." Thx.

carzfrm60s

#23 Post by carzfrm60s »

Sorry for the slow reply. I don't know exactly how far off it was in mm, but
about an eighth of an inch? Started the cross elastic in late July. May not have
been completely faithful to 24/7 wear! It has gotten to less than a sixteenth
of an inch, so getting closer. I am also trying to wear it faithfully. Not sure
whats next once its in centered. If I do leave it out for very long it does start
back, I think. So don't know if I will have to do something else to maintain
before braces are off and if retainers help hold midline.

SinkFullOfDinner

#24 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Thx for the reply, and it wasn't slow at all. However, the reality of four mo to get 1/16th inch of midline movement (now that's slow) was a bit sobering. Actually, a "holy crap, are you serious?" moment. I think my heart stopped momentarily.

I'm probably not as hung up on my midline as my ortho, as long as it's not part of a more important issue elsewhere. I'll have to ask next week if they're trying to move it as part of addressing something else, or just to be perfectionists. The thought of spending 6mo to move it 2mm is pretty low on my list of New Year's resolutions.

carzfrm60s

#25 Post by carzfrm60s »

Well back from the Ortho. Everything looking "great"! Midline is "right there", but continue
wearing cross elastic till next appointment, February 2nd, annnnnddddd??? What? What? We'll
take them OFF! Yay 4 more weeks! Happy and nervous all at the same time. Been 26 months
with these guys and being 3rd time. Doc says no worries, gonna do top and bottom permanent
retainers along with the clear removable's. So OK, he's done a great job and every thing has
gone just as he said so, "Lets get on with it!"

SinkFullOfDinner

#26 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Happy that you heard the words you've been waiting for, carz. That's great! The anticipation of waiting the final few days must be brutal, though. Good luck getting a full night's sleep this next week!

SinkFullOfDinner

#27 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Big day tomorrow, huh? You probably forgot all about it, so I just wanted to remind you. We'll need a replacement guy on the forum, so start recruiting! Best of luck. You've earned it.

carzfrm60s

#28 Post by carzfrm60s »

Thanks "Sink"! Been a pretty busy week so that's helped. But yesterday the email appointment confirmation
came and said "debond and retainers", YES!. Then today text confirmation. So now in just over twelve hours
they'll be gone! Having mixed emotions though, being my third time, but I am not a teenager or a drunken drug
addict this time, and a different Ortho who seems to care how I feel about MY treatment, so it's all Good!

carzfrm60s

#29 Post by carzfrm60s »

They are OFF! After 26 months my metal friends are gone. Had them removed Thursday morning 2nd, top and bottom
bonded retainers and impressions for clear retainers. Went back that afternoon for plastic retainers, bottom one didn't
fit correctly, impressions twice more, come back in an hour to pick up bottom retainer. Go back get retainer, a "little
snug". Should be ok, wear for 6 weeks except when eating or brushing my teeth. Friday morning go to take out "snug"
retainer, bonded one pops off! Great! Ortho closed except for office personel, Just wear plastic one till can get in on
Monday, even when eating. Will make new bonded and plastic one again. So my saga still continues!

SinkFullOfDinner

#30 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Congratulations! Sorry to hear that you have to keep returning to get the retainer thing straightened out, but I'll bet you'd prefer that temporary hassle compared to the braces and elastics hassle that you had up until Thu! Enjoy the hard-earned results.